User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Mine broke after a few uses. It was still under warranty, and I have a new one I have not installed yet. Realizing these are made of cheap pot metal, is there any way to use the vent/fan to lessen the chance of breaking them? Wonder if raising and lowering the vent cover by hand instead of using the motor would take pressure off the operator? I can't determine if pressure on the operator occurs when at the stopping positions (up or down), or if it's just the load of the vent while it's raising.
    Yes, opening and closing manually would put less stress on it. The way the fan works is that it senses increased load on the electric motor as the vent completely closes or completely opens. There are limits on that motor load that provide the cut-off. Yes, the pressure on the operator occurs as the motor is driving against the open and closed limits.
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlspence99 View Post
    Yes, opening and closing manually would put less stress on it. The way the fan works is that it senses increased load on the electric motor as the vent completely closes or completely opens. There are limits on that motor load that provide the cut-off. Yes, the pressure on the operator occurs as the motor is driving against the open and closed limits.
    Exactly what I thought. The sensitivity may not be too accurate either, requiring too much current overload to activate the stop. I really used mine very little before it broke, so I can't expect much out of my replacement. The fan is in my living area and is about 8' off the floor. I think I will build a PVC stick to open it with to avoid damaging the operator again. Micro-switches would have been better.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12