Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving folks.

I've been reading the dire travel predictions facing people this week - at least according to the media. Just for fun I plugged in a trip to Southern Pines, NC from NH to see what google maps showed for traffic. If I can believe it, it would be the shortest trip time we would have ever made for that route. No red or yellow on any of the highways except for a small area near Worcester, MA. I don't care how many times I've traveled 95 but the DC to Richmond sector has been a mess in both directions independent of day or time. Stunned if google maps was correct - not much traffic on roads.

I drove from DC to home in 2003 the day before Thanksgiving. Took me 8 hours to get from White Marsh to Elkton alone. Doesn't seem like pre-pandemic travel predictions came to pass. Curious what others might have seen this week.

Safe travels.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're camping right now about 200 miles from home. Think that may be the longest 200 miles we've ever done, it was close to 5 hours between traffic and accidents. Not a great drive; seemed like there were at least 1/2 a dozen accidents on the ~100 miles we tried to do on I-85.

But we got here. And so did a lot of other people! The park is PACKED. I'm not sure they could fit another RV in here tonight. Great to see others enjoying the outdoors and the hobby, by, man, we need more parks! Everything seems to be just totally slammed anymore, and we only travel on the "offseason". It's going to be in the 20's here tonight (Dillard, GA), our first year RV'ing (2018), that kind of weather meant you'd have everything to yourself. No more!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!