Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furnace will only cause a 'boom' noise if there is an airflow problem. (If it even caused the boom?) Check your intake and out flow for potential obstructions. As Sparky said, you may have a sail switch issue. (in that it may not have detected low air flow)
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahughes View Post
    So...new development. Went up to my RV, got everything opened up, flipped the on/off switch that's actually located on the united self (not the thermostat), and the propane lit and it's running again.

What kind of heater is this, can someone tell me? Been Googling it but can't find the name brand.
    Well glad it's working anyway. I would still investigate it a little bit more to see if there is something going on back in the combustion chamber. Or schedule an appointment with a road tech to come and service the heater.

You should have a black folder or bag from GD with paperwork for every major item installed in your RV... If you don't then have your serial number ready and call GD Customer Service and they can look up your RV and give you the needed info.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes look at the build sheet it should tell you the model and serial number of the furnace. The furnace in our 2019 Solitude S Class is a Suburban SF-35V. I was getting familiar with it by reading up and watching a few u-tubes just in case we have trouble with it. Its been working fine since we got the rig. If we run out of propane and the furnace errors out and quits, Resetting the thermostat to OFF and then back to heat solves the problem and it starts working fine again.

From what I understand the first thing that happens on start up is that the fan turns on, If its turning up to speed the sail switch closes, then that allows the gas valve to open and the igniter to start. If the igniter happens then the sail switch is fine. I watched a U-tube where on a suburban furnace the igniter was in the wrong place and misadjusted and that caused a problem with the furnace lighting.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12