User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advice from Silverbeard and Rich T - I'm going to run a new cable through the slide and install a connector at the bottom of the slide near the skirt. thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    I've got a 2021 Reflection 31MB and attempted to plug in my satellite dish at the docking station. No connection. I then by-passed the docking port connection and ran the cable through the door and plugged into my Direct TV box and it worked fine. I removed some of the paneling in the basement and checked all of the connections that looked like cable TV. The wiring down there looks like a mess, wires, cables, and hoses just stuffed behind the paneling. Very sloppy installation. Anyway I found several TV cable connections that were a little loose but it still failed to make a connection with my dish. I ended up shoving the cable through the slide out and plugged it into the box and it worked fine for the weekend. I hate to take it into the dealer for one item so maybe someone out there had the same problem and could pass on any tips to trace down the problem.
    I just install this and I think it has solved my problem. It was an easy install, I just drilled through about 10" from the back wall and came into corner cabinet to the right of the TV (as you are facing it) this would be on the drivers side. https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-Coaxia...86&sr=8-6&th=1
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich T View Post
    I just install this and I think it has solved my problem. It was an easy install, I just drilled through about 10" from the back wall and came into corner cabinet to the right of the TV (as you are facing it) this would be on the drivers side. https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-Coaxia...86&sr=8-6&th=1
    Sounds like a good plan. I just hope I drill into the right place so that I can fish the cable into the TV cabinet. I think the fireplace below the TV shelf is easy to remove so I might take that out first to see what access there is.
    Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advice from Second Chance (Rob). Satellite wouldn’t work with the house cable installed at the factory on our 2021 295RL. Based upon Rob’s commentaries at that time, and other threads in this forum, I got quad shield cables and installed a direct connection through the bottom of the slide, under the TV. We, too, have the Pathways X2, and it works great. One other thing about the X2 - it gets all he satellites, Eastern and Western arc; that’s not true of all mobile dishes.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing to be aware of is the maximum overall length of coax. I have a Tailgater antenna by King Controls. I talked to their tech support and was told that the maximum length of coax is 50'. So, if you are going through the coach wiring, you must subtract the wiring length inside the coach from the overall max to determine how much outside coax you can have. If your antenna came with a coax cable, that length is probably the max overall length allowed. That's how it worked with mine. I also put a coax connection on the slide-out wall directly behind the receiver location, but I soon got tired of getting the ladder out every time to hook it up.
    John & Nadine Bagby
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chevy 2500HD CCLB Diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12