User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No satellite dish connection

I've got a 2021 Reflection 31MB and attempted to plug in my satellite dish at the docking station. No connection. I then by-passed the docking port connection and ran the cable through the door and plugged into my Direct TV box and it worked fine. I removed some of the paneling in the basement and checked all of the connections that looked like cable TV. The wiring down there looks like a mess, wires, cables, and hoses just stuffed behind the paneling. Very sloppy installation. Anyway I found several TV cable connections that were a little loose but it still failed to make a connection with my dish. I ended up shoving the cable through the slide out and plugged it into the box and it worked fine for the weekend. I hate to take it into the dealer for one item so maybe someone out there had the same problem and could pass on any tips to trace down the problem.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you can get one of these or find a friend that has one and you can check that the connection that is suppose to go from the utility bay sat connection to the sat connection in the TV area is actually connected correctly.

https://www.amazon.com/Southwire-Equ...s%2C225&sr=8-6
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have two SAT/CABLE connectors for two locations? They could have swapped cables.

Also,
    Sometimes installers end up misaligning the center wire when they attach the cable to a connector. If remove the cable end and inspect the center wire you might find it bent to the side. If so you can usually bend it back straight and reattach.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure you were hooked to the correct input in the hook up center?

The need to hook to the input that you want to send the signal to inside...ie, Living room, bedroom, etc.

Hooking to the cable input will not work.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a common problem (many threads on the groups and forums about it). The issue is the long runs of cheap coax and (when present) splice connectors. This causes a drop in both control voltage and signal strength with an automatic antenna. In both our previous Reflection and our new Solitude, I've had to install my own, shorter and more direct run of quad-shield coax with no splices to get good quality, reliable reception with our Pathway X2 antenna (and the Pathway X2 has the largest reflector and delivers the strongest signal of any of the Dish portable automatic antennas).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At one time I too was having issues with my connection by the Nautilus. Could never figure it out. I checked all the cable ends, connections, and even considered if my dish had a bad LNB and or coax. So I decided to replace the supplied (with my dish) RG6 cable and connectors . After installing dish for many years have come to find out that factory installed RG6 cable connectors can be bad right out of the box. So the first thing I do is create my own RG6 runs using quality coax, compression connectors, rotary coax cable stripper and compression tool. Has solved many issues in the past, as it did mine as well.

And if your frustration level gets to overwhelming you can always purchase one of these and install it behind your entertainment cabinet near your receiver.

https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-Conne.../dp/B017P8HASY

Easy to install and will insure a good solid connection. Just be sure to check with GD techs about any wiring located in the area prior to installing.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    At one time I too was having issues with my connection by the Nautilus. Could never figure it out. I checked all the cable ends, connections, and even considered if my dish had a bad LNB and or coax. So I decided to replace the supplied (with my dish) RG6 cable and connectors . After installing dish for many years have come to find out that factory installed RG6 cable connectors can be bad right out of the box. So the first thing I do is create my own RG6 runs using quality coax, compression connectors, rotary coax cable stripper and compression tool. Has solved many issues in the past, as it did mine as well.

And if your frustration level gets to overwhelming you can always purchase one of these and install it behind your entertainment cabinet near your receiver.

https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-Conne.../dp/B017P8HASY

Easy to install and will insure a good solid connection. Just be sure to check with GD techs about any wiring located in the area prior to installing.
    I installed one of those on the front right of my TT. The OEM was on the left rear. TT's 31' long and after stretching out more than 60' of RG6 cable I lose some signal with my Pathway X2. I mounted that connector on the front and ran some new RG6 up the the entertainment center. Now I have two exterior locations to use based on distance to the Sat.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. When I first got the Reflection, it worked fine, but now the circuit seems to have an open. My last FW, a Jayco Eagle did the same thing and I ended up by passing the main connection in the basement with a connector under the slide out. Rather than tear apart my new trailer looking for a loose connection, I think I'll do the same thing on the new trailer. After seeing the messy wiring behind the paneling down there I'm not surprised that it failed. Very poor workmanship.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are coax cable connections where the cables go from inside the frame to the underside of the slide where the tv is. Remove the screws holding the Coroplast to the frame where the wire bundle comes out of the frame. You will find several coax cables with connections that may be loose or not connected. Tighten and replace the screws.
    I ended up putting a connection in the slide out skirting and followed the wire bundle up into the slide with a coax cable behind the fireplace to the sat receiver.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    I've got a 2021 Reflection 31MB and attempted to plug in my satellite dish at the docking station. No connection. I then by-passed the docking port connection and ran the cable through the door and plugged into my Direct TV box and it worked fine. I removed some of the paneling in the basement and checked all of the connections that looked like cable TV. The wiring down there looks like a mess, wires, cables, and hoses just stuffed behind the paneling. Very sloppy installation. Anyway I found several TV cable connections that were a little loose but it still failed to make a connection with my dish. I ended up shoving the cable through the slide out and plugged it into the box and it worked fine for the weekend. I hate to take it into the dealer for one item so maybe someone out there had the same problem and could pass on any tips to trace down the problem.
    I had the same problem and also just ran it trough the slide. There are so many wires/connections? when I called Dish one time to get hook up help they had me do a direct hook up. If you go through the docking station you will notice that your on the screen process seems to take forever as it checks all of the built in connections. I haven't gotten around to it yet but what I want to do is install a through the wall water proof dedicated connector back by the slide but further towards the bumper so it wound be inside of the cabinet. On the outside it would be a male threaded cable connection (F fitting?) with a water tight cap.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast