User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen-Y Hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gen-Y Hitch

Well, ordered a new Gen-Y hitch today for my 303, due in Saturday,. Have a trip to Grand Lake about the 3rd of Dec. Will give an honest assessment when I get back. Looking so forward to it. My Friend has a 303 and loves it......looking fwd to how it feels compared to my Anderson.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be shocked if it wasn't better than the Anderson. The GenY's suspension should smooth things out for you. I have a Goosebox and am considering making the move to a GenY; both are suspended, so I'm wondering which is better.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I'd be shocked if it wasn't better than the Anderson. The GenY's suspension should smooth things out for you. I have a Goosebox and am considering making the move to a GenY; both are suspended, so I'm wondering which is better.
    Will let you know.
    Thanks
    Ray

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Will let you know.
    Thanks
    Ray
    Please do, thanks Ray. Not a ton of reports on the GenY yet, a few, and most are positive, but love to hear about your experience with it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please do, thanks Ray. Not a ton of reports on the GenY yet, a few, and most are positive, but love to hear about your experience with it.
    Get it tomorrow, will install tomorrow, depending on when i get it......will do.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Overtaxed.....installed and pulled a few miles on smooth highway and then to backroads.....man, I am impressed.
    Mind you, I liked my Anderson Ultimate, but this is fantastic. Of course, you feel the camper still, but the buffeting, the harshness, the solid direct feel is gone.
    Wife and I took the old pin box off and the new Gen-Y installed in an hour....it was great. NO hitches, NO surprises and NO problems at all. We are going to Grand lake tomorrow, 3.5 hour drive. Looking fwd to it now.
    Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas
    Ray

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Well, ordered a new Gen-Y hitch today for my 303, due in Saturday,. Have a trip to Grand Lake about the 3rd of Dec. Will give an honest assessment when I get back. Looking so forward to it. My Friend has a 303 and loves it......looking fwd to how it feels compared to my Anderson.
    What size (weight rating) Gen-Y did you get. And while I'm asking, what is the GVWR of the 303?

I'm looking at either Gen-Y or GooseBox when my new truck arrives (if it ever does).

How do you like the GooseBox? Do you think the Gen-Y will improve the ride?

Thanks!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post

How do you like the GooseBox? Do you think the Gen-Y will improve the ride?

Thanks!
    Overall, I'm pretty happy with the GB (20K model). There are 2 reasons I'm looking to change. First, the GB can hit the rails of my truck if I'm not careful (8ft bed, it's the sides where it can hit, not the front). The GenY has a different geometry that looks like it would get me clearance where I need it.

More concerning, I bent my GB. Twice. There is a bolt in the bottom of the shocks on a GB that just doesn't seem to be able to take the pounding of roads in the north east. Granted, some of the roads are so bad up there I almost would have been more surprised if something hadn't bent, but, still; my GB is over rated for the GVWR of my rig and it really shouldn't bend, even on rougher roads.

Oh, one more complaint, getting the air "right" is a bit of hassle on the GB. And if it's off, it really impacts the ride. I generally have to adjust it a few times to get it right in the middle; if you're not dead level, it's hard to get it right. I wind up airing it up, then having my wife do a quick forward/back in the truck, to see where it'll settle, then adjusting.

Overall, I'm not at all a hater, it's a nice system. If it didn't hit my bed rails, I'd deal with the other issues, but, there's just no fixing that problem, so I may try the GenY.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I didn't want to hear the part about hitting the bed rails. That wasn't good news.

I've read about how the air setting could be finicky. But at the same time I like that it can be adjusted.

I was thinking that with my rig, rated at 15,500 GVWR that the 16,000 lb model would be my choice.

I've still got time and don't have decide right away. So I'll keep watching for updates and further posts on both the GB and Gen-Y.

Thanks for the information.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Well, I didn't want to hear the part about hitting the bed rails. That wasn't good news.

I've read about how the air setting could be finicky. But at the same time I like that it can be adjusted.

I was thinking that with my rig, rated at 15,500 GVWR that the 16,000 lb model would be my choice.

I've still got time and don't have decide right away. So I'll keep watching for updates and further posts on both the GB and Gen-Y.

Thanks for the information.
    If you're going to drive rough roads at all, I'd highly suggest going to the 20K model! I my rig GVWR is 16,8; but I'm never loaded that heavy and I bent my 20K model. I'd go for as much beef as you can get in the hitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast