Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    It's not the weight of the dish that is concerning, it's the wind load of it that may well cause problems. As Rob mentioned, the roof membrane is glued to the OSB that's under it. Most times it's not even glued that well.

If you affix a piece of plywood to the membrane, the wind load on the sat dish antenna is going to torque that plywood and put pressure on the membrane. I really feel that after time you will pull the membrane away from the roofing.
    Thank you guys as I would not have thought of your ideas. Its not an actual Satellite dish but rather the KING/DISH Antenna (8lbs) which is encased in a Black see through globe which hopefully would not provide much wind resistance. I'm also a little nervous to drill holes in my roof for fear of leaks and we leave our Fifth Wheel permanently in Florida. However you have me thinking and maybe I could look at using wire tie to secure the plywood to my ladder as I am the only one ever to go up on the roof which I do a few times per year. I bought small "nail on" round feet about 1 1/2" in diameter which I was going to put on the bottom of the plywood to ensure air flow under the plywood.
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWITTRO View Post
    Thank you guys as I would not have thought of your ideas. Its not an actual Satellite dish but rather the KING/DISH Antenna (8lbs) which is encased in a Black see through globe which hopefully would not provide much wind resistance. I'm also a little nervous to drill holes in my roof for fear of leaks and we leave our Fifth Wheel permanently in Florida. However you have me thinking and maybe I could look at using wire tie to secure the plywood to my ladder as I am the only one ever to go up on the roof which I do a few times per year. I bought small "nail on" round feet about 1 1/2" in diameter which I was going to put on the bottom of the plywood to ensure air flow under the plywood.
    There are several commercially available ladder mounts for the automatic dome-style antennas. Google is your friend.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rob - you are a life saver. I just ordered one from Amazon and now no worries.
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12