User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimJim View Post
    I'm confused... I thought the rule was to never use the black tank flush after closing the valve? I guess a little would be ok, but doesn't it get pressurized?
    I believe all the tanks are vented, dunno if they have check valves in the stacks though.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimJim View Post
    I'm confused... I thought the rule was to never use the black tank flush after closing the valve? I guess a little would be ok, but doesn't it get pressurized?
    No it doesn't pressurize because of the roof vent. That being said if you walk away from it or get distracted by neighbors, kids, etc for too long it's either going to escape through a bad toilet seal or you'll see a rooftop volcano that you and your neighbors will ever forget!
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For years, I have used the backflush valve and filled up the black tank after our last trip of the season, as we use Happy Campers and fill it half-way with the cleaner on the drive up and flush it for good before we leave. That said, it takes a very long time to even get to 1/3 full and often takes 15 minutes or so to get to the 2-3 level. Works well, but you do need to go back and forth to check the sensors.

This year, I saved a lot of time and hassle with checking. Packed a 5-gallon bucket, filled that and dumped it down the toilet 6 times. No need to buy fancy flow valves, gauges, or run back and forth checking. Perfect measuring device :-)
    David Pisano
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @dpisano

The 5 gallon bucket definitely works but for around $20 my 63 year old shoulders say screw carrying those buckets...buy the water hose gallon meter! Lol
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid point sparky, I am only 50 :-) That said, I avoided most of the carrying being lazy and ran the flexible hose into the camper and just set the bucket down in-front of the toilet. Had to hoist it, but did avoid carrying.

For that money, does sound like the $20 gallon meter is the optimal choice all things considered. Not sure I would ever be confident enough to truly trust it always thinking there might be a malfunction though :-)...

When I get another 10 years on me, may just revert back to waiting by the convenience center sensors for what seems like an eternity. Amazing what keeps coming out after 2-3 straight backfills and flushes.
    David Pisano
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpisano View Post
    Solid point sparky, I am only 50 :-) That said, I avoided most of the carrying being lazy and ran the flexible hose into the camper and just set the bucket down in-front of the toilet. Had to hoist it, but did avoid carrying.

For that money, does sound like the $20 gallon meter is the optimal choice all things considered. Not sure I would ever be confident enough to truly trust it always thinking there might be a malfunction though :-)...

When I get another 10 years on me, may just revert back to waiting by the convenience center sensors for what seems like an eternity. Amazing what keeps coming out after 2-3 straight backfills and flushes.
    I did the bucket a few times but started bringing the garden hose inside and filling the tank till it reaches the toilet. I dump when I get home so the "contents" are all mixed well then do the hose fill and dump. I park the "off side" on a 4x6 wood beam so the trailer has a pretty good slope towards the dump valve. Seems to work well for me. The sensors are still accurate in our trailer.
    I did get the fill valve meter and love it. I can put a few gallons in the fresh water tank if we are hitting a park or fill it if we are heading off to boondock. I got the valve for $7.99 and it is very accurate in a 5 gallon bucket. I put a lot of items in my Amazon wish list and the price occasionally seems to fluctuate. It makes me happy when the price goes down. Makes it hard not to make the purchase. LOL
    2007 Ram 5.9 CTD 4x4 LB
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Timing the black tank flush is not the best option. At several gallons per minute for five minutes, you could get into trouble. Water pressure and flow rates vary significantly and we don't know what size your black tank is. You can start a refill and watch the level indicators inside (if they're still working) and fill it up to 1/3 before opening the valve again. Another good way is to get an inexpensive in-line water meter and put it on the flush hose to measure the water you're putting into the tank.

You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    Ok what am I doing wrong? My signature information shows up when working off my laptop but not on my iPhone. Unless others see it and I don’t. The Show your Signature is checked.

Lance
    Lynne and Lance
    2023 Solitude 2930 Current and Forever
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Traded In
    2016 Reflection 297RS. Traded In
    2022 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel CC SRW SB
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Traded In

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    Ok what am I doing wrong? My signature information shows up when working off my laptop but not on my iPhone. Unless others see it and I don’t. The Show your Signature is checked.

Lance

This is what I see on the post above....

Lance
    Lynne and Lance
    2018 Grand Design 303RLS
    2015 Ram 2500 Diesel
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post

Lance
    I'm seeing it. Perhaps it's something with Safari or Tapatalk on your phone.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I'm seeing it. Perhaps it's something with Safari or Tapatalk on your phone.

Rob
    Definitely could be a Tapatalk thing. I don’t see it in Tapatalk.

Maybe log out and back in?
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast