Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen Faucet low pressure - its not the sprayer/nozzle

We're full time. After our last move the kitchen faucet has much lower water pressure than before (no measurements but very noticeable). The shower and bathroom faucet have good water pressure, similar to what we had before. The outside pressure gauge shows close to 60 psi and the shower and bathroom faucets have good water pressure, similar to what we had before the move. I've changed out the outside in line water filter So I'm thinking I have eliminated any outside issues. I removed the sprayer nozzle from the kitchen faucet and it still has low pressure so that would then seem its not a screen or restrictor in the nozzle causing the problem. I've looked under the sink and in the basement and see no kinks or line compression issues there. Haven't dropped the underbelly but that doesn't seem like a real possibility, at least I'm hoping cuz dropping the underbelly is never fun. So I'm guessing there is some other part that could go wrong in the faucet that could be restricting the water pressure. I've included a picture of the faucet cuz just knowing the trailer year/model number isn't a guarantee that we're talking about the same faucet. Anybody have any experience with this type of faucet, is there something else to check or fix? Absent the faucet being the issue is there something else I should be checking? Help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kitchen Faucet.jpg  
    Greg and Jenny Breit
    2020 Silverado Duramax 3500HD SRW, OEM Puck, B&W Companion Slider 20K hitch
    2019 Solitude 2930RL, Onan 5500W LP, MORryde IS, Kodak Disc brakes

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bet is that it's not pressure but flow and something is restricting it. The OEM kitchen faucets have flow restrictors down inside. These are usually a nylon disc with three little holes. Unfortunately, the manufacturers are not very good about cleaning out the shavings and debris in the tanks after they cut the holes for the plumbing and vents. As a result, these plastic shavings can slosh around and get sucked up in the fresh water system and plug various faucets and components. We had this happen in our previous Reflection and I had to disassemble the kitchen faucet and clean out the flow restrictor. (Many folks remove it altogether to get better flow, anyway.)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. is the flow restrictor in the sprayer nozzle which can be removed from the faucet or somewhere else in the faucet? I unscrewed the sprayer nozzle from the faucet and still low pressure. Doesn't matter hot or cold water so guessing its not a kinked/block water line. After two years full time on the road I would hope I'd be pass any debris issues but I'm still cleaning up saw dust in various places so who knows what debris is where. Is there somewhere else in the faucet where debris could block? Don't know how hard it is to take the faucet completely apart or even if I could do that.
    Greg and Jenny Breit
    2020 Silverado Duramax 3500HD SRW, OEM Puck, B&W Companion Slider 20K hitch
    2019 Solitude 2930RL, Onan 5500W LP, MORryde IS, Kodak Disc brakes

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot135 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. is the flow restrictor in the sprayer nozzle which can be removed from the faucet or somewhere else in the faucet? I unscrewed the sprayer nozzle from the faucet and still low pressure. Doesn't matter hot or cold water so guessing its not a kinked/block water line. After two years full time on the road I would hope I'd be pass any debris issues but I'm still cleaning up saw dust in various places so who knows what debris is where. Is there somewhere else in the faucet where debris could block? Don't know how hard it is to take the faucet completely apart or even if I could do that.
    It's been my experience that the flow restrictors are somewhere in the base of the faucet - not in the sprayer head. The faucets aren't terribly hard to disassemble... my old back doesn't tolerate the contorting required to get up under the sink to remove the faucet, though. Many of us have just replaced the kitchen faucet with one of better quality (I replaced ours this past summer). Besides construction debris, calcium deposits can also clog these things up.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015