User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen-Y addition

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gen-Y addition

Installed the Gen-Y on my 303 today, 1 hour removal and replace....awesome...
    Will pull Friday to Grand lake....will advise.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211128_144134.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	37917
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ray,
    I have a 303 as well, although a little older but am thinking of upgrading to the Gen Y hitch. How did it pull to Grand Lake?
    Ben & Camille
    2022 Ford F450 King Ranch
    B&W Factory Puck 5th Wheel Hitch
    2016 Reflection 303RLS 4/2015

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbailey View Post
    Ray,
    I have a 303 as well, although a little older but am thinking of upgrading to the Gen Y hitch. How did it pull to Grand Lake?
    Ben, it did wonderful. We have Since gone to Nashville (Montgomery State Park) and it was truly a nicer and made a noticeable difference.
    I would NOT hesitate to do it again. Any questions, pm me and will give you my number and we can talk.
    You would not be disappointed.
    Happy Camping
    Ray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Ben, it did wonderful. We have Since gone to Nashville (Montgomery State Park) and it was truly a nicer and made a noticeable difference.
    I would NOT hesitate to do it again. Any questions, pm me and will give you my number and we can talk.
    You would not be disappointed.
    Happy Camping
    Ray
    Where did you order it from, direct from Gen Y?

BEn
    Ben & Camille
    2022 Ford F450 King Ranch
    B&W Factory Puck 5th Wheel Hitch
    2016 Reflection 303RLS 4/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What about rail height clearance as only the pin box is adjustable and the clearance between the truck and trailer. There design is about 3" shorter than the Reese goosbox. Goosbox also has more vertical adjustment too.

Just wondering as I looked at the model for the GD units with the turning point hitch and found it wont work for my new truck.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    What about rail height clearance as only the pin box is adjustable and the clearance between the truck and trailer. There design is about 3" shorter than the Reese goosbox. Goosbox also has more vertical adjustment too.

Just wondering as I looked at the model for the GD units with the turning point hitch and found it wont work for my new truck.
    I have a comfortable amount of clearance....the only thing that I am a "little" uncomfortable about is that the Anderson hitch had a setback of 6" so, I am closer to the cab, but I am going to get the B&W offset.....just to ease my mind. Bed clearance is great. Ride is AWESOME.
    Good luck with decision
    Ray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one on order for my 2022 380FL. Originally ordered Reese Goose Box. But the trailer came with the Rhino wing set and the Reese will not fit. So call Gen-Y and they make one for the Rhino. After I ordered I found out they can make a 3” longer one for an extra $300. I’m going to run the B&W “4 offset ao I should be good (I hope) in my Ram short bed.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseApe View Post
    I have one on order for my 2022 380FL. Originally ordered Reese Goose Box. But the trailer came with the Rhino wing set and the Reese will not fit. So call Gen-Y and they make one for the Rhino. After I ordered I found out they can make a 3” longer one for an extra $300. I’m going to run the B&W “4 offset ao I should be good (I hope) in my Ram short bed.
    The key in the offset ball is your goose neck mount uses. Ford uses a round shank so the offset ball wont work. Is the Ram shank Square?
    Just asking?
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseApe View Post
    Oops....the B&W offset is 4", not 6" like I said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    The key in the offset ball is your goose neck mount uses. Ford uses a round shank so the offset ball wont work. Is the Ram shank Square?
    Just asking?
    I have the B&W under-bed gooseneck kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast