User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hypothetically...

I've surfed some web to see revolutionary RV solutions and found one with one of "B+" vendors - they can use shower grey tank water to flush the toilet. You can choose which water to use - regular cold water or greywater.

After some calculations, I've found this feature very useful - according to the supposal than usual content of the black tank is 1/3 of "body production," and 2/3 of flushing water, I found that we use about 20 Gal per week for flushing.

And our Shower grey tank is usually full in 2-3 days. So using this way, I can "level" usage of these tanks and save a lot of freshwaters when boondocking.

And the deployment itself looks not very difficult; add Y-connection with valves and another pump; I do not know how to connect to the grey tank...

What do you think, folks?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter&Irina View Post
    I've surfed some web to see revolutionary RV solutions and found one with one of "B+" vendors - they can use shower grey tank water to flush the toilet. You can choose which water to use - regular cold water or greywater.

After some calculations, I've found this feature very useful - according to the supposal than usual content of the black tank is 1/3 of "body production," and 2/3 of flushing water, I found that we use about 20 Gal per week for flushing.

And our Shower grey tank is usually full in 2-3 days. So using this way, I can "level" usage of these tanks and save a lot of freshwaters when boondocking.

And the deployment itself looks not very difficult; add Y-connection with valves and another pump; I do not know how to connect to the grey tank...

First impression is that its a great idea. Something that would help prolong a boondocking weekend. Anxious to hear any downsides from others.

Do you have a link?
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One potential downside, Gray water can get very ripe also. That could be an issue.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point, but usually we have a pail, which we use to drain fresh water from the shower until it got hot. In cold weather, it can be almost a gal until it warmed enough. Then, we use this water to flush or fill the bowl. So you can use grey water for flush and then this weather from pail to fill the bowl.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I applaud the out of the box thinking here. Not sure it would pan out, but great idea.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    One potential downside, Gray water can get very ripe also. That could be an issue.
    Yes the kitchen sink grey water can get smelly. The Shower grey water is fine.... That is of course for those of us with seperate grey tanks. For us, I do not see any downsides.
    Is there a link? I am interested.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter&Irina View Post

Only problem I see is that you no longer have a reason not to pee in the shower
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Only problem I see is that you no longer have a reason not to pee in the shower
    LMAO, you went there!
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no particular link; it is ARV B Box solutions; they have videos on Youtube. They also can triple filter and reuse the shower water. Not sure that it is a great idea, but for flush, I still like it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, not sure I'd want to flush with the gray water because it's bathroom and kitchen but it's a creative idea. What about a transfer pump to just pump from the gray tank into the black tank when needed - would need backflow preventer for sure? We find that after a week our black tank is less than half full but the gray (bathroom and kitchen) is full even when trying to skimp. I know that doesn't resolve the fresh water issue, but seems like a couple extra jugs of fresh water would be easier to handle than a tote or something for gray water?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast