User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I am not seeing any mention of a Backflow preventer in this thread.... Other than what you just posted.
    In post # 10, Riverbug mentions "Backflow preventer".

That is why I placed it in parenthesis, I didn't think it was part of the original post.
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 11-29-2021 at 05:49 PM.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    In post # 10, Riverbug mentions "Backflow preventer".

That is why I placed it in parenthesis, I didn't think it was part of the original post.
    It was not part of the OP... And Riverbug goes on to talk about just transfering grey water to black,,,, Which is already commonly done, and has no FW contamination issues.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I would like to know how the FW is kept isolated from the Grey water.
    Here's one I found. Not sure the filter is necessary if pulling from the shower grey tank.

https://rvlife.com/rv-grey-water-recycling-made-easy/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank-Saver-Plumbing-Diagram-3.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	37928
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can eliminate cross contamination by disconnecting the fresh tank from the toilet and use only gray water to flush.
    If the gray tank is empty or smells bad, use water from the sink or shower for the toilet.
    MB, Ab and Ufki (under foot kitty)
    '18 RAM Laramie Cummins HO
    '19 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Wow ok. I understood the OP question. I was legitimately trying to understand what your issue is with using the gray water for flushing the toilet.
    Ha! I was kidding - see the little guy in the tub with the rubber ducky?

But I was just saying that with my setup the bathroom and kitchen go to one gray tank and I don't think sending gray water from the kitchen is very appealing. I mean, we dump the juice from canned goods, dirty dishwater, etc., goes down there. I personally don't like the idea of that stuff then getting pumped through our toilet and having that gray water sit in the toilet between flushes. Gray water smells, that's all there is to it. May not smell as bad as black tank, but let it sit a few days and you'll know it's there. Even if the bath gray is separate, you still have soap scum, toothpaste, whiskers, hair, etc., that would get into the tank... I know people do it and some also poop in a plastic bag, it just ain't for me and it's just my $.02 worth 1/2 that with inflation.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Ha! I was kidding - see the little guy in the tub with the rubber ducky?

But I was just saying that with my setup the bathroom and kitchen go to one gray tank and I don't think sending gray water from the kitchen is very appealing. I mean, we dump the juice from canned goods, dirty dishwater, etc., goes down there. I personally don't like the idea of that stuff then getting pumped through our toilet and having that gray water sit in the toilet between flushes. Gray water smells, that's all there is to it. May not smell as bad as black tank, but let it sit a few days and you'll know it's there. Even if the bath gray is separate, you still have soap scum, toothpaste, whiskers, hair, etc., that would get into the tank... I know people do it and some also poop in a plastic bag, it just ain't for me and it's just my $.02 worth 1/2 that with inflation.
    All good, I did miss the joke obviously

Makes sense, I wouldn't do the kitchen tank either for the same reason. I don't think the shower tank would bother me if I could be confident about eliminating cross contamination.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is where I am at with this. I have had a seperate grey tank for thr shower about 12 years now. And from observing my clear fitting while dumping, it just looks like clear soapy water... Ideal for toilet use. Probably keep the toilet cling on free.

But from what I have seen so far, I am not confident in the cross contamination methods.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    All good, I did miss the joke obviously

Makes sense, I wouldn't do the kitchen tank either for the same reason. I don't think the shower tank would bother me if I could be confident about eliminating cross contamination.
    Yay, friends again!

Not sure what it is about those dang emojis, I just can't get enough of them.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea, but it sure is a major mod.

A new thought: does a bidet help? I'm thinking it could rinse the bowl if the grey gets stinky. Could it provide enough flow to flush when the grey is empty? Might that solve the backflow issue?
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most simple step is to look for a way to divert any gray water we could into the black tank. We did that with our TT that only had 3 tanks.

We stood in a tub within the shower. And what it caught was dumped in the toilet. Along with our rinse water from doing dishes.

I mentioned the shower diversion process to our mobile tech, and he started noodling on how to make it a shower drain option in his toy hauler

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast