User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing a 22MLE with a Chev Colorado

Haven't taken delivery of the trailer yet but empty should be +/-5,200 and tongue weight 550. Truck GVWR is 6,000, GCWR 12,000, empty weight 4,488 and tow rating 7,000. I'm anticipating being under on each but not by a lot - what do you experts think?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 22mle loaded for a trip, full lp tanks and 1/3 fresh for quick pit stops and emergencies is just over 6000. Maybe around 6200. Tongue weight last time I scaled was at 760. Tongue weight and payload is always a killer.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated above, tongue weight will eat up your payload very quickly. Aside from that, the tow experience may not be the best. By that I mean the "suck and pull" you will get when passed by larger vehicles. You can mitigate some of that for sure and depending on your temperament "get use to it" but the lighter vehicle weight and wheelbase can make it more pronounced.

Good luck and welcome to the MLE cult.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CodyBob View Post
    Haven't taken delivery of the trailer yet but empty should be +/-5,200 and tongue weight 550. Truck GVWR is 6,000, GCWR 12,000, empty weight 4,488 and tow rating 7,000. I'm anticipating being under on each but not by a lot - what do you experts think?
    I've been towing our 2020 21bhe for 3 years now with my 2019 Colorado crew cab using Husky Centerline TS hitch. No problems at all towing. Not sure I would want to tow thru the Rockies with it but other than that you shouldn't have any problems.

We do travel fairly light with our typical loaded trailer weight about 5500 lbs.