User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something to consider. Appreciate the input.. Thank You..
    2022 Imagine 2970RL
    2022 RAM 2500 Big Horn w/Cummins Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When backing, I hug the driver's side whenever I can. Before I start, I'll take a hard look to see if there is anything that will get in the way on the passenger's side. If there is not, then I know I only have to pay attention to the driver's side. Also, try to make little adjustments and pay attention to where the front end of the truck is. As others said, practice practice, practice.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleMRV View Post
    Not having much expereince I was concerned that the trailer might overpower my tow vehicle (RAM 2500) but from the feedback I have been receiving that appears to not be a concern.
    With properly adjusted trailer brakes, your trailer will handle itself. If, for some reason, you had no trailer brakes, at walking/slow speeds, the trucks should have no problems handling the trailer.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not having much experience I was concerned that the trailer might overpower my tow vehicle (RAM 2500) but from the feedback I have been receiving that appears to not be a concern.
    Is your driveway dirt (mud) or blacktop? In either case, you may want to put the truck into low range. When you get used to it, you will be able to idle all the way down the drive. When you get good at it, you will keep it in two-wheel drive and floor it.....JK. I know a couple of folks that can drive a trailer faster in reverse that I want to drive it forward.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the advice.. Happy Holidays !
    2022 Imagine 2970RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asphalt drive. Looking forward to the day I can floor it down the ole driveway..
    2022 Imagine 2970RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the advice.. Everyone has been very helpful. Now all I need is my trailer. Hoping to pick it up next month Thanks and Happy Holidays !
    2022 Imagine 2970RL

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the advice.. Everyone has been very helpful. Now all I need is my trailer. Hoping to pick it up next month Thanks and Happy Holidays !
    Good luck - looks like a very curvy driveway. We are also on a down slope but only about 170 feet to parking and mostly straight. Our problem was 100 ft pines about 1.5 ft off the edge of the driveway by the street and an overgrown canopy of leaves and branches (they hit my truck roof when wet). That all came down last week. So we have at least 6 feet on each side with the exception of the boys basketball hoop which I'll have to negotiate. Our street is pretty narrow and the turning radius on the truck is awful. I will probably take out our mail box post opposite side of street if I don't move it. Biggest issue I'm facing is the best way to get to our street is down a quarter mile 17% grade with a hard left about 3/4 of the way down. It's not a turn I want to make.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ajg617

While I didn't have a downhill slope to deal with I had to back in from my blind side off of a very narrow street. To make matters worse my side of the road has a drainage ditch with a 15" pipe under my single 12' wide driveway. The opposite side of the road has 3 mailboxes, a telephone pole, and a neighbor who throws a fit if my front tire goes off the road even 6" onto his property. So I bit the bullet and had a 60' tree removed and the driveway widened. Now it's 52' wide across the apron and tapers in to 40' wide about 10' in off the road and up to my parking spot. It required quite a bit of excavation and the installation of a new 60' x 15" plastic pipe under the apron. Now I have to keep a plastic chain across most of it to keep every delivery truck from using my driveway as a turnaround.

The existing driveway with the excavation started.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211217-212931_Photos.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	38172

The new wider driveway getting finished up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211217-213234_Photos.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	38173
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 12-17-2021 at 07:41 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Take the trailer out somewhere and practice backing up straight and true using your mirrors. Do it enough you're comfortable, and you shouldn't have any issues. It just takes a lot of practice, there are no real shortcuts that work, just back down the driveway, pull back up and do it again, and again. Pretty soon it won't be much of an issue.
    I 100% agree with this post.

Our driveway at home in MT is quite tricky considering at the very end I must crank it 90 deg to back it into the full hook ups.

We have an arched entry way which makes it difficult from the beginning , the steel fencing on the right side of the driveway and a double S sloped turn.

I've become very good at it, so much that our friends from Tx came this summer to visit with their 41 ft Solitude. I gave our friends the option of backing in themselves or trust me and I'd back it in. It took a couple of tries but we got it in!

Here is the obstacle course I have to run.

2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast