User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    I am the person who started this thread. Looks like it was a bad (or off) thermostat. I replaced it with a new one and when the gas turned off the water measured at 148.2 Fahrenheit. I used some water, the gas kicked on and when it shut off the water was the same as before. Still a bit hot for my taste but better than before.
    As a test I put a multimeter on the old thermostat and got conductivity at room temp, but when I put it in a pan with a 1/4" of very hot water I did not get conductivity. Put it in a small amount of cold water, got conductivity again. Looks like it works, but triggers at too high a temp. I didn't have the right equipment (or motivation) to do a more thorough test to find the trigger temp.
    Thanks for all the comments.
    Glad you were able to correct the over temp issue. Just want to let you know that due to the small tank size, these do run hotter than a typical residential water heater. If they were set lower, you would have less hot water time for showering, etc. The recovery time isn't fast enough, so the water is hotter to start with to offset the limited hot water in the tank. I do agree it is hotter than I would like but after researching that's what I found.

It didn't occur to me to research a mixing valve for RVs. We have one on our off peak water heater at home, in which case you can adjust the amount of cold water mix coming out of the water heater which saves on the hot water so it lasts longer between heat cycles. I'm going to look into that for the RV...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    I'm going to look into that for the RV...
    Just FYI, the one we had was Titanium 5th wheel 2006 vintage and they may have improved but back then they were very problematic. The cause seemed to be varying water hardness/mineral content at different CG's causing the mixing function to be erratic - not a steady temp. Sometimes too hot, sometimes too cold.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Just FYI, the one we had was Titanium 5th wheel 2006 vintage and they may have improved but back then they were very problematic. The cause seemed to be varying water hardness/mineral content at different CG's causing the mixing function to be erratic - not a steady temp. Sometimes too hot, sometimes too cold.
    Interesting. I supposed the valve itself would be smaller than a residential version, so maybe they would be more sensitive to mineral buildup.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the factory preset thermostat with an adjustable thermostat I found on eBay.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    The code varies, but the max hwh temp is 140 deg f.

Many prefer 120-130 deg.

If your is at 154, it’s too hot.

Thanks,
    Bill
    140 is the recommended setting to prevent Legionnaires disease.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also had a Titanium 2006 with the mixer valve and had the same problems. I wondered if a rv water softener would have solved that problem.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    I also had a Titanium 2006 with the mixer valve and had the same problems. I wondered if a rv water softener would have solved that problem.
    Ha, a fellow Titanium Alumni!
    What do you think of the build quality between the Titaniums and the Grand Design?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, a fellow Titanium Alumni!
    What do you think of the build quality between the Titaniums and the Grand Design?
    Loved the Titanium but just ready for something newer and have the appliances and what not more reliable. My neighbor now owns it and is full time with it. I have had few problems with our Solitude 310gkr. Adding lithium batteries for the refer was essential, but I believe the build quality is every bit as good as the Titanium but granted we paid a lot more for it.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Left The Driveway Jluttrull22RBE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alias100, Can you provide the part number or order information for the thermostat that you replaced? I need to do the same for our 2022 RBE.

Thanks.
    2016 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L V8
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 22RBE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jluttrull22RBE View Post
    Alias100, Can you provide the part number or order information for the thermostat that you replaced? I need to do the same for our 2022 RBE.

Thanks.
    Here is the thermostat:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It installed very easily and seems to be working. I should note our 22RBE is a 2021, and the model # of the water heater is WH-6GEA.
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by alias100; 03-08-2022 at 12:12 PM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12