User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer TomCat brand mouse poison. Generously around the exterior and a few inside. I put one in each side of the pass through.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the mint oil. We drip mint oil onto cotton balls and leave the cotton balls in little plastic trays during storage time. Smells way better than mothballs and just as effective.
    2022 Solitude 346FLS
    2018 GMC SLT SRW SB Diesel
    Canadian born and raised

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRoland View Post
    Hey everybody,
    Any other pointers?
    Night vision goggles and a .22.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a good crawl-around underneath the trailer. Found one, very obvious, gap in the underbody - at the rear left corner, where the ladder is positioned; the underbody cladding was not flush with the trailer itself, and so there was a good inch or so room for rodents to climb in an out. Pumped that full of expanding foam. That by ifself, doing in the winter, make sure you pre-heat the can inside the trailer, next to a heat duct, otherwise it won't expand at all. Also it helps not doing this when there's 30+ mph winds swirling around the trailer :-)

Anyways, now knowing what to look for, i'll see if next weekend i can find more (smaller) holes.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel
    e2 trunnion hitch and Curt 7-pin brake controller
    Victron SmartSolar 100|50 -- 2x UB121000 100ah -- 4x100W panels
    Always boondocking. No post, no facilities.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRoland View Post
    I did a good crawl-around underneath the trailer. Found one, very obvious, gap in the underbody - at the rear left corner, where the ladder is positioned; the underbody cladding was not flush with the trailer itself, and so there was a good inch or so room for rodents to climb in an out. Pumped that full of expanding foam. That by ifself, doing in the winter, make sure you pre-heat the can inside the trailer, next to a heat duct, otherwise it won't expand at all. Also it helps not doing this when there's 30+ mph winds swirling around the trailer :-)

Anyways, now knowing what to look for, i'll see if next weekend i can find more (smaller) holes.
    Brass wool is better in a wet environment. You could foam or caulk also. It's a first line of defense. When I lived in NH there were so many mice that it was just a matter of time before they got in. We used the 5 gallon bucket of death approach outside and get 5 or 10 a night...and would still get one inside every so often.

There are very few mice where we are now. I just use bait traps inside and check frequently. I have also used vent screens between the living area and basement in the openings that provide air flow for the furnace.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh! vent screens - didn't think about that - the open holes in the cabinetry, hopefully preventing them from crawling inside the drawers. That way i could limit access to just directly underneath the sink.

It's getting to be too cold. Possibly this weekend the last night's stay, when temps dip into the high 20s. Without some more insulation, i can't seem to keep the furnace run full time to keep the camper warm at night :-/ Time to hit the search function on this forum on that topic :-)
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel
    e2 trunnion hitch and Curt 7-pin brake controller
    Victron SmartSolar 100|50 -- 2x UB121000 100ah -- 4x100W panels
    Always boondocking. No post, no facilities.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Brass wool is better in a wet environment. You could foam or caulk also. It's a first line of defense. When I lived in NH there were so many mice that it was just a matter of time before they got in. We used the 5 gallon bucket of death approach outside and get 5 or 10 a night...and would still get one inside every so often.

There are very few mice where we are now. I just use bait traps inside and check frequently. I have also used vent screens between the living area and basement in the openings that provide air flow for the furnace.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    What is a "5 gallon bucket of death approach"?? Thanks.
    2019 Imagine 2970RL 34' Travel Trailer, pulled by 2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Diesel.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjnava View Post
    What is a "5 gallon bucket of death approach"?? Thanks.
    Here you go.... it's pretty self explanatory.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211208-171746_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	38084
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best advice I was given was "the mice are going to get in one way or the other, if you block all of the openings, they will just chew through whatever they need to and make a new opening" and that RatX from Wal-Mart takes care of them if they get in. I put out a couple of tins of RatX as part of my winterization and do not worry about it.
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R
    2019 Ford F-350 DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very simple trick. 1) Buy a jar of peanut butter. 2. Smear same on tires of neighbors rv. Problem solved

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast