User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stackable Washer and Dryer Options for Solitude 378MBS

We are interested in purchased a stackable washer and dryer for our 2021 Solitude 378 MBS-R. We have done some research and decided we want to go with a separate washer/dryer instead of the combo and we would also like a vented dryer. What are our options for different brands? I know we are limited due to size and the dryer needing to be 100v, but I just wonder if there are other brands/models to choose from aside from the Splendid ones I see at camping world.

Also, any tips on the install? I thought there would be a guide marker for the dryer vent but I don’t see anything in the closet.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Leechantee

I can't help you with a selection for a washer or dryer but my 337RLS has a sticker on both of the walls in the closet market "dryer vent location". Call GD Customer Service and give them your Vin number and I'd bet they can tell you exactly where the blocking is located.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 378MBS has a dedicated W/D closet. A lot of folks go with the Splendide stackables and are happy with them. We opted for Whirlpool apartment units (the washer heats its own water and the dryer is 120VAC). The costs were roughly equivalent at the time we purchased ours, but a Whirlpool technician will come to you for service or repair whereas, with Splendide units, you have to take your rig to an authorized dealer. Either way, the closet is set up for a vented dryer, so no problem.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had our Splendide set for 7 years. No issues and they work great. I can wash a king size set of sheets or a bunch of towels just fine. Very happy with them and so glad I don’t have to schlep baskets to the laundry!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leechantee View Post
    We are interested in purchased a stackable washer and dryer for our 2021 Solitude 378 MBS-R. We have done some research and decided we want to go with a separate washer/dryer instead of the combo and we would also like a vented dryer. What are our options for different brands? I know we are limited due to size and the dryer needing to be 100v, but I just wonder if there are other brands/models to choose from aside from the Splendid ones I see at camping world.

Also, any tips on the install? I thought there would be a guide marker for the dryer vent but I don’t see anything in the closet.
    We put the Splendid stackables in our 310 and are very happy with them. The dryer coud be a little faster, but that's what you get with 120V. There was a sticker in the closet for a dryer vent location, but General RV put the vent in a different location. I believe the sticker may have been located for a combo unit and it was easier for them to cut the vent higher for the stackables.

Like Rob mentioned, we also looked at the Whirlpool. If we full-timed, we probably would have gone that route for the reason that Rob mentioned. We ended up going with the Splendid becaues the winterization process was very straightforward and that was more important to us than the maintenence issue. If we lose the W/D, I know I'll be home in a couple of weeks for General RV to fix it.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW CC Short Bed, Power Stroke 6.7L
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whirlpool. GE & LG all make stackable machines for RV's.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Splendide

Quote Originally Posted by Leechantee View Post

You are probably limited to Splendide, they work fine. Problem is the stupid engineering at Grand Design has never tried to install a washer and dryer into a opening they don’t make big enough. Measure twice, you probably need an additional 1/8” to 1/4” more width to get through the door like I faced.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hmantractors View Post
    You are probably limited to Splendide, they work fine.
    Not true. Any brand of stackable, apartment-sized units with a 120VAC dryer will work. We have Whirlpool units and they work very well (and a Whirlpool tech will come to us rather than having to take the RV to an authorized Splendide service point).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Not true. Any brand of stackable, apartment-sized units with a 120VAC dryer will work. We have Whirlpool units and they work very well (and a Whirlpool tech will come to us rather than having to take the RV to an authorized Splendide service point).

Rob
    From what I've seen, Splendide units are smaller than those from other manufacturers such as Whirlpool, LG, etc. For example, Whirlpool's compact washer is 33-1/4" tall x 24"W x 24"D. Splendide is 33-1/8"H x 23-1/2"W x 22-1/4"D. Just those small differences in size can make or break the install for some of us.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    From what I've seen, Splendide units are smaller than those from other manufacturers such as Whirlpool, LG, etc. For example, Whirlpool's compact washer is 33-1/4" tall x 24"W x 24"D. Splendide is 33-1/8"H x 23-1/2"W x 22-1/4"D. Just those small differences in size can make or break the install for some of us.
    The Whirlpool units we had installed were exactly the same dimensions as the Splendides (out dealer would install either). Things may have changed since then.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast