User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we just purchased a 2023 280rs and it did not include a backup camera. It is pre-wired for a Furrion back up camera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Lippert backup camera that is supposed to connect to the Compass Connect app is the BIGGEST piece of junk I've ever encountered. Grand Design should be ashamed to have installed them on their RV's, and should give everyone a new Furrion system under warranty. The camera simply does NOT connect to the app. Ok, maybe for 3 mins, but then all you see is the spinning wheel - forever. It's defective and should be replaced under warranty as a safety issue. If the fridge doesn't cool it's defective and replaced under warranty, right?? Why not the backup camera that you paid for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gjrving View Post
    we just purchased a 2023 280rs and it did not include a backup camera. It is pre-wired for a Furrion back up camera.
    Mistake - it does come with one. Not sure what model. Our sales rep told it didn't have one and was trying to sell us a Furrion camera. We have a Furrion camera on the TT that we are trading in and are debating whether or not we should take it with us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely agree. We purchased a Reflection 337RLS. The Lippert camera will not connect. A friend purchased the exact same trailer and has the exact same problem. Lippert cameras are junk!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted Lippert and explained that the camera did not work with the Connect One app. Their response was that maybe the dealer would make it good by providing a monitor. The dealer parked my trailer in their shop and managed to get the camera to work. When I went to pick up the trailer, the camera would not respond to the app. So after another week, the dealership set it up with a monitor and showed me what a great picture could be had by purchasing the monitor for the full retail price of $300, plus tax.

I will probably spend $300, but it will be to buy something that is NOT made by Lippert or one of their related brands, and definitely something that is not sold by the dealership where I bought this little gem.

This is typical for my experience with Grand Design for the first two months of ownership. Things don’t work and the dealership has been little help. The trailer has been in the shop for more days than we could use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is disappointing. I had heard nothing but praise of the Grand Design customer service/support. I hope they are not reverting to Keystone. If they won’t make it right with the Lippert camera, I will not waste my time. I have the rear camera the integrates with the camera system on my GMC Sierra 2500. It is awesome!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBR549 View Post
    I contacted Lippert and explained that the camera did not work with the Connect One app. Their response was that maybe the dealer would make it good by providing a monitor. The dealer parked my trailer in their shop and managed to get the camera to work. When I went to pick up the trailer, the camera would not respond to the app. So after another week, the dealership set it up with a monitor and showed me what a great picture could be had by purchasing the monitor for the full retail price of $300, plus tax.

I will probably spend $300, but it will be to buy something that is NOT made by Lippert or one of their related brands, and definitely something that is not sold by the dealership where I bought this little gem.

This is typical for my experience with Grand Design for the first two months of ownership. Things don’t work and the dealership has been little help. The trailer has been in the shop for more days than we could use it.
    I recently got this one from Amazon.

RV Backup Camera Wireless HD 1080P Trailer Bluetooth Rear View Cam System Touch Key 7'' DVR Monitor Split Screen 4 Channels for Truck Camper Adapter for Furrion Pre-Wired RVs AMTIFO A7

$118, I have 2, very happy, it’s not 4k super HD, but it works reliably, kit has everything you need. Package contains instructions to request a free second camera… waiting for it now.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased and installed the backup camera and 7" monitor from Furrion. Very simple (2) screws and a couple of wires to connect. Reseal with some silicone on top of the camera mount. Into our second year of using it with no issues connecting and camera quality is good. We have had spit second interference issues when in towns that will freeze the video input. It is very useful when in big city traffic and it is time to change lanes, We store the trailer in a VERY tight enclosed unit and I rely on the camera and DW to get it backed in every time. I'm sure there are better cameras out there. From the sound of this thread the Lippert version is getting bad reviews already.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto on the GM integrated camera. A very nicely engineered system. Not sure if Ford or Ram have a competitive offering.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a Reflection 303RLS that came with the Lippert Insight. It wasn't particularly hard to connect the first time, but it frequently disconnects and then is difficult to reconnect. The picture quality is not good.

The downside is that I just purchased the Furrion Vision S in July and installed it on my Keystone Cougar - then sold it in September. If I would have known that the Insight camera was a lower quality, I would have removed the Furrion. Now, I'm contemplating buying another Furrion instead of purchasing the separate monitor for the Insight.

Bruce

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast