User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I have the pre installed insight as well. I bought the monitor kit from Lippert that is supposed to link right up with the camera.
    I just got finished fighting with the new insight monitor for my insight camera. It would not connect. I got on the phone with Lippert and the customer service guy went through every possible step with me. I was able to finally get my phone to connect but the picture quality at my truck is horrible. One of the problems was that when I was pressing the reset button on the camera to put it in pairing mode or to reset it, no led lights would ever flash. The cs guy said "well, sometimes they don't". So, he decided that they are going to send me another monitor kit and see if that works.
    I just don't understand why GD would continue to install these cameras knowing that the customer is going to have to end up buying another monitor for it. And to boot, it may not work either...
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ Crew Cab 4x4
    Blue Ox 5th wheel goose ball hitch/B&W turnover

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #1BamaFan View Post
    Attachment 43310

Why use a rebate from Furrion when you can get it cheaper on Amazon?
    Because you can use the rebate even if you buy it on Amazon

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone removed the junk Lippert insight camera that comes on the new reflections and installed something different like a AMTIFO system (link below). They come with a mounting plate for the furrion pre-wired system that we don't appear to have. Is there a convenient way to mount the camera without making new holes in the trailer?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza
    2023 Reflection 324 MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 | Laramie | 6.7L HO | SRW | 4x4 |

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by downsc123 View Post
    Has anyone removed the junk Lippert insight camera that comes on the new reflections and installed something different like a AMTIFO system (link below). They come with a mounting plate for the furrion pre-wired system that we don't appear to have. Is there a convenient way to mount the camera without making new holes in the trailer?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza
    Yes, I have that camera. Sealed the old holes (clear silicone) and drilled new ones. Be careful with the wiring, best to cut off the leads from the Insight camera which will leave you enough room to add the new one. I made the mistake of removing the Wago connectors, there was so little slack I couldn't get them back on. The camera works great. AMTIFO had an offer of a free extension antenna which you may need given the length of your coach (mine is about 7 feet shorter).
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info - I figured the holes would not align at all. Really don't want to drill any new holes. I wish they just kept the old furrion pre-wire setup so we can simply install any camera we want (and one that actually has a usable image). The insight is almost un-usable and that is if I can even get it to connect. I stopped trying to even use it for the last few months of season.
    2023 Reflection 324 MBS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up my new Reflection and installing Furion. The holes don’t match up and the screws that come with the Furion are incredibly small and short. But the larger problem is I don’t seem to have power getting to the unit. I know the camera and monitor connect using the direct connect power supply and I know that the truck delivers adequate power as I had this on the Jayco rig I just traded in. Am I missing something simple or is this a wiring issue I need to hunt down?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkmacs View Post
    I just picked up my new Reflection and installing Furion. The holes don’t match up and the screws that come with the Furion are incredibly small and short. But the larger problem is I don’t seem to have power getting to the unit. I know the camera and monitor connect using the direct connect power supply and I know that the truck delivers adequate power as I had this on the Jayco rig I just traded in. Am I missing something simple or is this a wiring issue I need to hunt down?
    On my rig, the running lights have to be on to get power to the camera.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine as well - truck connected trailer and the trucks running lights on to power the camera
    2023 Reflection 324 MBS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that was the case with my Jayco as well. Even with lights on don’t seem to be getting power to the camera. I have a 2019 RAM 2500 and wondering if RAM has power issues with Reflection. Never had an issue with my Jayco but seems lots of folks report various issues with Grand Design and Furion. I tried to get the camera that it came with to work but had no luck with that either.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234