Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2022 Pricing Review on Trascend Xplor 200MK

Hello,

I'm hoping to get into RVing and have finally settled on Grand Design. I'm looking at a Xplor 200 MK, which has an MSRP of $33,607. The dealer has quoted $33,000 OTD (includes 6% sales tax). There is no trade.

Does this seem like a good price, or should I try to go lower? Or just plain wait?

Thanks
    Avi

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best deal is the one you leave happy with. There will always be somebody that "got a better deal".
    2019 F150 4x4 screw sb with max towing
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2 many former rigs to list.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by codev000 View Post
    Hello,

I'm hoping to get into RVing and have finally settled on Grand Design. I'm looking at a Xplor 200 MK, which has an MSRP of $33,607. The dealer has quoted $33,000 OTD (includes 6% sales tax). There is no trade.

Does this seem like a good price, or should I try to go lower? Or just plain wait?

Thanks
    Avi
    Someone will inevitably tell you that you can get 30% off MSRP, but that will not hold true on Transcends.

There is not that amount of mark up in that brand. Looking at actual cost, if that includes freight, prep, sales tax, fees, licensing, etc, that isn't a bad deal, at least here in Pennsylvania.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Someone will inevitably tell you that you can get 30% off MSRP, but that will not hold true on Transcends.

There is not that amount of mark up in that brand. Looking at actual cost, if that includes freight, prep, sales tax, fees, licensing, etc, that isn't a bad deal, at least here in Pennsylvania.
    What makes the Transcends different? I was going to offer $31,500 to $32,000 OTD. Do you think that's possible?

Thanks again

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by codev000 View Post
    What makes the Transcends different? I was going to offer $31,500 to $32,000 OTD. Do you think that's possible?

Thanks again
    They don't run as high a mark up as other models.

You can offer anything you want....you will get one of three answers. Yes, no, or a counter offer.

At the rate these are going up in cost every month, they will soon be unaffordable.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @huntr70, thanks for this! We got other offers too, and some of them were as low at 30K OTD. Build dates look a little earlier on those.