User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    @Timmer wondering which vaccine did you get and how many doses before you contracted COVID? What was the time period from your last dose to getting the virus?
    My wife and I got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine back in April. Currently we were signed up for the booster but appointments were way out. Now I can't have the booster for 90 days because I had a monoclonal antibody infusion when I was treated at the hospital.

By the way, my wife tested positive too, but was asymptomatic. Thank heaven's as if we both went down I don't know how we would have managed the household with 3 kids.
    Last edited by Timmer; 12-04-2021 at 06:18 AM.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang! Covid, politics and religion, you might as well light a stick of dynamite; nobody escapes without something blowing up. I usually try to avoid responding to such topics because inevitably it turns nasty. Note to self...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sparky,

If I were in your situation I believe I would have done the exact thing you did!!! You stayed away from other people, slept in your RV and stayed in your truck until you got back home. The only other human contact you had was with your wife. Good job…..
    Last edited by Jerryr; 12-04-2021 at 07:42 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case anyone notices that some posts are now gone it was done due to what seemed to be a pretty frontal assault on other posters action(s) and the subsequent "give-and-take" posts.

I know this whole Covid thing tweets folks different ways. And while we encourage folks with different opinions to participate we will continue to monitor and delete what appears to be a violation of the following rule....
    Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, extreme belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.

Often it is difficult to read someones intentions into comments so we tend to error on the safe side.

Here is some advice... if you feel someone is attacking you or violating our rules then REPORT THE POST. We can take action from there.

Thanks. Carry on........
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sparky,

If I were in your situation I believe I would have done the exact thing you did!!! You stated away from other people, slept in your RV and stayed truck until you got back home. The only other human contact you had was your wife. Good job….
    Agreed. Glad you recovered. We both got the J&J vaccine early March at the NH Motor Speedway event. Fast forward two months and 4 of the 7 adults in our home (all 4 high risk) were ill - two tested positive including a fully vaccinated. Everyone's symptoms were different - from asymptomatic to bad cold to flu-like to intestinal virus. All fully recovered yet I have a co-worker that lost 4 in his family. Air Force gave us the best advice - if you feel sick (no matter how) stay home.

Next Saturday is Booster Blitz in NH - 10 sites administering your choice of booster - we are signed up. We are still an open state like FL but are also the 3rd most vaccinated state in the US yet our infection rate is the highest it has ever been. COVID is insidious in how and who it affects.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Agreed. Glad you recovered. We both got the J&J vaccine early March at the NH Motor Speedway event. Fast forward two months and 4 of the 7 adults in our home (all 4 high risk) were ill - two tested positive including a fully vaccinated. Everyone's symptoms were different - from asymptomatic to bad cold to flu-like to intestinal virus. All fully recovered yet I have a co-worker that lost 4 in his family. Air Force gave us the best advice - if you feel sick (no matter how) stay home.

Next Saturday is Booster Blitz in NH - 10 sites administering your choice of booster - we are signed up. We are still an open state like FL but are also the 3rd most vaccinated state in the US yet our infection rate is the highest it has ever been. COVID is insidious in how and who it affects.
    Glad all in your family recovered.

It seems the J&J efficacy isn’t as strong as Moderna and Pfizer. Which booster are you going to get?
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @traveldawg

Thanks Larry.
    I would like to apologize to the group for coming unwound and letting the words of someone else get to me... that's not who I am. This is a fantastic group and
    I come here to read & learn, to offer suggestions, to share my knowledge, and to give advice to help out others....not to be berated and or belittled because someones opinion differs from mine. Again I apologize for my part in the frenzy.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad all in your family recovered.

It seems the J&J efficacy isn’t as strong as Moderna and Pfizer. Which booster are you going to get?
    We are both going to get the J&J which is what we received in March. Much research on my part and personal choice.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sparky,

If I were in your situation I believe I would have done the exact thing you did!!! You stayed away from other people, slept in your RV and stayed in your truck until you got back home. The only other human contact you had was with your wife. Good job…..
    Thanks, I can't imagine what it would have been like to stay in my RV in a campground without full hookups for another 10 days, I was already there for a week and was at my limit on tank capacities. We both would have been forced to use the campground bathrooms. Groceries would have been one more obstacle to try and tackle... so yes I believe I did make the best choice for my wife and I and the rest of the campground.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, sorry to hear that Timmer. Also very scary; my wife and I just got our boosters yesterday because we're heading to see some (limited) family this holiday. Some who, sadly, refuse to vaccinate. It's terrifying because I'm legit afraid we might accidentally kill someone because so few have the vaccine. We're going to go into solitary for 7 days before the trip and then do a straight through drive to them. I'm really not worried about my wife and I, we're younger (40s) and in very good health (and vaccinated/boosted). But the family we're seeing is generally not in good health, much older, and staunch vaccine holdouts. That said, I do feel like it's on us to try to protect them from themselves. It's easy to say "their decision, live with it", much harder to be at a funeral caused by you giving someone COVID.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast