User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vaccination isn't a guarantee. Be cautious it's serious!

Hey folks,

I'm a 51 yr old healthy and relatively active person. I had the vaccine and was signed up for the booster. Admittedly, I stopped being super diligent and cautious. We took a trip to Nahsville for my daughter's sports. I wore a mask in dense crowds, but took it off in more sparse crowds. 4 days after coming back from the trip I was hit hard. I had a fever between 102-104 for 9 days. Two days into the ordeal I took the quick test and it came back negative. After having the fever for 4 days I went to the hospital. I had very low oxygen and the thorough test came back positive. Over the next several days my oxygen fell to critical levels on numerous occasions. I spent nearly 20 hours in the hospital being treated. More than one doctor stated that if I hadn't had the vaccine I very likely would have ended up on a ventilator, and may never have walked out. I am now trying to get over pneumonia. I just want to remind people that the vaccine is no guarantee, and the pandemic is far from over!

Good luck and be safe!
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for posting this and I Hope you have a quick and complete recovery.

My friends make fun of me being overly cautious. I’m amazed how few people in rural Okeechobee Florida are wearing masks. I went to a car dealership and supermarket yesterday and I WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH A MASK ON. People were looking at me like I was a freak but I didn’t care. I refused to shake hands with dealership employees and stayed 10 feet away from everyone while indoors. The same thing in Venice Florida Ford dealership. No customers or employees were wearing masks. We are setting us up for another bad bad wave.

We took our dog to UF Emergency Animal Clinic Monday night and they were the opposite. You were not allowed into the facility without a mask. They took our dog into the back without us and all communication was via cellular phone call to the Vet. At least some are still taking this seriously.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're still in the mask usage and crowd avoidance mode. As much as we hate it I suppose it beats the alternative.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post

My friends make fun of me being overly cautious. I’m amazed how few people in rural Okeechobee Florida are wearing masks. I went to a car dealership and supermarket yesterday and I WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH A MASK ON. People were looking at me like I was a freak but I didn’t care. I refused to shake hands with dealership employees and stayed 10 feet away from everyone while indoors. The same thing in Venice Florida Ford dealership. No customers or employees were wearing masks. We are setting us up for another bad bad wave.

We took our dog to UF Emergency Animal Clinic Monday night and they were the opposite. You were not allowed into the facility without a mask. They took our dog into the back without us and all communication was via cellular phone call to the Vet. At least some are still taking this seriously.
    Interesting story, both my wife and I were vaccinated in January 2021 and her parents (both 90 yrs old) vaccinated March 2021. My wife and her parents came down with Covid this summer but had very mild cases. I was exposed to all three of them but never tested positive nor had any symptoms. I'm thinking the vaccination helped reduce the effects of this dreaded virus. I know some people are resistant to get the vaccination but I would encourage anyone eligible to do so.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post

Man,I wish a lot more people would take this situation serious,I still wear a mask in stores and crowds,darn right,,,,,thank you
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Timmer wondering which vaccine did you get and how many doses before you contracted COVID? What was the time period from your last dose to getting the virus?

The reason I ask is because a friend who refuses to wear a mask, stating he’s fully protected needs a wake up call.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly, we recently added another friend to our list of acquaintances that have lost their lives to complications from Covid since this thing started. That makes 10 now. 9 were lost before vaccines were available and the last one was vaccinated. It's no guarantee but I fear many more would have been lost if it weren't for the vaccine.

I have many family and friends that just don't believe in it (either Covid or Vaccines). Most have had Covid at least once. Some ended up in the emergency room and/or hospital. Most pretty sick for a week and then recovered, only to get it again.

We got the vaccine as soon as it was available as well as the the booster. Haven't had Covid yet. Except for the one that passed away, I do not know anyone else that has had Covid after vaccines, but I know it happens. Just hope everyone is safe and not sorry no matter which side of the fence they are on.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you are ok now. My wife and both had COVID in October of 2020 before the vaccine was available. We got it when we went to her nieces wedding in Indiana. We both wore our masks as much as you possibly can at a wedding, only had it off for eating and drinking and then right back on. When we got tested out in Indiana I tested positive and my wife didn't. The nurse tried telling me I needed to stay in Indiana and quarantine for 10 days... I told her NO WAY, I didn't feel bad yet and was heading home ASAP while I could still drive and pull the RV. We had everything we needed in the RV and we left that day to return home, only stopping for gas and a one night layover on the Ohio turnpike. Out of 110 people at that wedding there ended up being 23 people who attended getting COVID and who knows how many more in their households got it from them after they returned home.
    I got it worse than my wife, although I am asthmatic and cancer (throat) compromised. I never once had a high fever or any fever, I had most of the other symptoms including the runs, constant headaches, sinus congestion, loss of taste and smell, severe fatigue, with the worst symptom being the compromised breathing. Drs said I should have been in the hospital at one point. I was scared to death of going in the hospital because I had just lost a brother in-law to COVID a few months prior. I lost my taste and smell within the first 2 days and didn't regain some limited taste back for two months. My sense of smell is just now starting to slightly come back, 13+ months later. It's funny I can now occasionally smell certain foods cooking, candles, etc, but can't smell gasoline, bleach and stuff like that... or farts, Lol. I ended up with a slightly more complicated respiratory condition than I previously had and also some slight problems with my heart. We're both fully vaccinated now w/ boosters and try to keep our social circle as small as possible. We wear masks when around others as much as possible and always when shopping or in larger gatherings. Every day I can put both feet on the ground is a good day! Stay safe as possible everyone!
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 12-04-2021 at 12:05 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish vaccine was the guarantee but unfortually it's not.I'm so tired of wearing musk everywhere it feels like pandemic not gonna ever ends. One positie moment now I have my home pharmacy hahha

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Timmer, glad you are Ok and thanks for the reminder, much appreciated. God's blessings.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast