User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the saying goes. "You need to either be handy or rich to own an RV". If both then you're golden. Lots of RV owners get all riled up over the easy to fix stuff. And the not so easy to fix stuff becomes easy with a few YouTube videos or help from other owners. The amount of time that's wasted on taking RV's to dealers could be used to fix most stuff.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I beg to differ, at least in my experience. I have stated in a prior post that I have gone through 4 service advisors in the year that I've had my trailer. Warranty work did not get done because either they lied to me or just did not do what I asked them to. The first advisor I had got fired, not sure what happened to the other two. The fellow that did my PDI also had a negative attitude, he gave me the impression that I was bothering him. He gave me answers like "Grand Design won't let us fix that". Really? Call GD and let them decide. Well, the couple of very minor things he did reference that with did eventually did get fixed. I think I finally got assigned a good advisor with this fourth one, she seemed like she really cared, and all of my minor problems are finally fixed. And, just for the record, I do fix most of my own problems when I can. It's difficult, as I live in a condo and have to store my trailer at a storage facility, so I do my repairs either while prepping to leave on a trip, during a trip, or when I return before it goes back in storage.
    I also beg to differ. We all know that parts shortages are an issue. But that does not negate the fact that we read of constant problems with new owners having to wait sometimes 3 months just to get the dealer service department to diagnose the problem. In addition, many problems can be fixed without new parts or with available parts.

I just have to feel that many of these posts on this forum and others are representative of the many non-forum using Grand Design owners. There seems to be many more complaints about warranty work than compliments.

And I have to agree with the post above stating dealers much prefer the cash paying customer repairs vs. warranty work.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    There seems to be many more complaints about warranty work than compliments.
    A mad person will more likely post about an experience than a happy one. And because of that......I think forums make RV ownership seem much more frustrating than it really is. For sure some have really bad experiences, but I believe the majority are quite happy with their rv.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer called today, parts are finally in, 1st available appt Feb 4th. Until then I am using their recommendation of carpet protector plastic over the door to keep itv weather tight. Sticks rally well even with water and it doesn’t damage the surface.
    Tom & Ellen McHugh
    Weldon Spring MO

2021 F350 Crewcab SB 7.3 gas
    GD 150 RD260

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @twerner352

That's a really bad repair of your flooring! I wouldn't settle for anything less than an entire new floor. It's not that hard for them to remove cabinetry, and everything else to replace it in one piece. If you have slideouts they over extend them on a platform to get to the trim holding the floor down. I had a bolt of some type wedged under my living room slide from the factory. I found it about the 3rd time I used the RV and it made a slight gouge in the floor. Dealership wanted to do the cut outs like yours but I declined... I hardly notice it anymore but I will eventually heat it up, use a pick and tweezers and straighten it out. It's all there but it's just bunched up so hopefully I can fix it up and make it unnoticeable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211209-173232_Photos.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	38100
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    A mad person will more likely post about an experience than a happy one. And because of that......I think forums make RV ownership seem much more frustrating than it really is. For sure some have really bad experiences, but I believe the majority are quite happy with their rv.
    I am very happy with my RV. My problem is with service departments having a callous attitude toward warranty work and neglecting to do what you ask them to do. If this makes my experience unique then I guess I'm in the minority. All through my many years that I've been on this earth it seems to me that once they have your money their attitude changes significantly and pour all their efforts into the next customer that has their wallet open.

And, just to clarify, Steve (huntr70), I am not complaining about all service departments. I am sensitive to your issues that you have so many rigs on your lot waiting for service. Customers have to be sensitive also, and not use dealers for "free storage".
    Last edited by AZMike; 12-10-2021 at 09:58 AM.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My refrigerator went out in September. Yellow powder behind it. Took pics and sent them to my dealer and he said he’d get the paperwork filed. He said his first opening was December 1st. Brought it in. I asked if he had the fridge and he said no. He is required to plug in the fridge and let it run for 8 hours. Then he can submit the request for a new fridge. It might be 3-4 months before he gets it. I better not be have to wait months for an opening in their service department. What really surprised me is that when the fridge went out we were a day away from Grand Designs factory. I called them before my dealer. When I called to see if they could help they were utterly useless. They told me to call Norcold. Norcold asked me why I was calling them. Insane. I understand supply chain issues, but Grand Designs handling of this and how warranty work is handled is extremely poor.
    Last edited by Dakota; 12-12-2021 at 07:25 AM.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design builds and provides warranty for the actual trailer, not the aftermarket components going in it.The appliance makers provide their own warranty and require a certified tech diagnose the problems before sending replacements. That is the way it should work, otherwise they would be sending stuff out to everyone who called.
    Granted, the length of time taken to diagnose and actually do the repair is on the dealer.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Grand Design builds and provides warranty for the actual trailer, not the aftermarket components going in it.The appliance makers provide their own warranty and require a certified tech diagnose the problems before sending replacements. That is the way it should work, otherwise they would be sending stuff out to everyone who called.
    Granted, the length of time taken to diagnose and actually do the repair is on the dealer.
    I understand the process, but the rep at Norcold was extremely confused why I was told to call them. I can see the dealer or Grand Design calling Norcold, but putting it on the consumer does not make sense to me.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt GD is familiar with warranty procedures since they do not handle warranty claims. At any rate, you should not have been directed to Norcold.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast