User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else having warranty issues?

Have been waiting for a door on 260 RD since September, dealer says claim was approved in October but as of today they have not received parts. Dealer told me he has four other GD units with door issues. Have only been able to use unit for 4 days since we picked it up in June
    Tom & Ellen McHugh
    Weldon Spring MO

2021 F350 Crewcab SB 7.3 gas
    GD 150 RD260

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parts are hard to get. Brought our trailer in for a refrigerator replacement. Could take up to four months. It went out in September. Dealer requested pictures. It was obviously a refrigerant leak. I was told that the earliest date was December 1st to bring it in. I figured the refrigerator was ordered back in September. Nope. The dealer needs to try running it for 8 hours and then file a claim. Could be spring before it’s done.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats wrong with the door?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gap at top, initial fix was to “adjust latch”. That actually made it worse. Apparently the door is warped. Currently have sealed over the door with “carpet protector” film to make it weather tight. Dealer said some of the other problems people have experienced is as sun hits the door and it gets warm they are unable to open the door even from the inside. We never had that problem, just wouldn’t stay closed and daylight at top of door. We definitely decided not to do the trip to the East we were planning for the October time frame. Dealer today has no ETA for parts. Starting to consider selling the unit.
    Tom & Ellen McHugh
    Weldon Spring MO

GD 150 RD260

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
    Gap at top, initial fix was to “adjust latch”. That actually made it worse. Apparently the door is warped. Currently have sealed over the door with “carpet protector” film to make it weather tight. Dealer said some of the other problems people have experienced is as sun hits the door and it gets warm they are unable to open the door even from the inside. We never had that problem, just wouldn’t stay closed and daylight at top of door. We definitely decided not to do the trip to the East we were planning for the October time frame. Dealer today has no ETA for parts. Starting to consider selling the unit.
    Wow that sucks. Have you tried putting a straight edge on the door jamb and door. I think if the door was warped I would've tried tweaking it. A 2x4 on edge and some spacing material and a couple C clamps you could bend it back to close to OEM. That would've got you some usage while you're waiting on a replacement door.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn’t seem to be a bow but a front to back warp, not square. Right now it is winterized.
    Tom & Ellen McHugh
    Weldon Spring MO

GD 150 RD260

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
    Gosh, this whole thing about delays is getting to all of us. I wouldn't consider selling it. Sometimes the problems you have and know about are better than the unknown ones you would face in the future.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parts delays are the problems.

I talked to several of my factory Reps this week, GD is possibly shutting down for 3 weeks in December due to glue shortages.

My Keystone Outback Rep told me that they only ran 11 production days in November due to shortages.

The problems are not going away anytime soon.....

We currently have over 140 units sitting on our lot for Service. Either waiting to be looked at, waiting on part's, or waiting for customers to come get them (everyone wants free storage for winter).
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the update from the dealer side. Direct interactions with GD have been variable, depends on the rep you get on the phone. Also they seem to treat the same complaint differently (read the postings about low rear jack clearance). May not meet specs for clearance by Lippert but GD has you run a string for line of departure.
    Tom & Ellen McHugh
    Weldon Spring MO

GD 150 RD260

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too had warranty work, called the repair shop approved by GD. They said bring it in two weeks, I did. It sat on their lot for 3 more weeks and they had no idea when they would get to it. I said why did you tell me to bring it in then…. I called GD and asked if I could use a Mobil tech. They approved that. Pulled the trailer out of repair shop and the Mobil tech had the parts in 5 days job completed in less than a week.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast