User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Not sure on yours but on our 2020 22MLE we had a drip leak at the compression fitting behind the City water inlet. The only way to access it was to crawl into the pass thru and remove the side panel (photo 1). That allowed me to reach behind and tighten it. We decided to make an access opening next to the bed in case it, or something else, came loose again. I used the panel from below the bathroom vanity as a cover up (photo 2). The arrow in photo 3 is pointing to the City water inlet compression fitting, the diverter valve is to the right of it not shown.

Attachment 37986

Attachment 37987

Attachment 37988
    pulled the electrical outlet. It’s right there like you said. Thanks a lot for the photos!

I don’t have the USB outlet there, so I’ll put an access on it. I’m thinking a vent because I’d like to keep that area heated in the winter. If not a small door with a nice handle.

Thanks again for the help!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuriHagel View Post
    That is a fact. I barely touched it. If I put 10lbs of pressure on that valve I would be surprised. The valve costs $20 on Amazon and that’s about what it worth. Who puts a valve in where you need to drop the pressure to move from one setting to another? That means you have to turn off the hose, get wet taking the pressure off, switch the valve and turn the pressure on. That’s the dumbest thing you can think of for such an important part. I’m going to replace it with a brass one with all metal parts.
    Not the best setup that's for sure. But things being what they are, you have to go outside to turn any of the valves in any of the Nautilus systems. I always install a hose splitter ("Y") with shutoffs at the campground water source just for that reason... to bleed of the pressure in the line when disconnecting my hose for any reason. Helps it to keep everything dry up at the Nautilus panel. But still there should be no reason to have to relieve the pressure prior to turning off any valve.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 12-04-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think this would be the correct replacement depending on the flush mount not being a big problem.

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...?itemid=139200

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this would be the correct replacement depending on the flush mount not being a big problem.

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...?itemid=139200
    That definitely looks like it would work. You might have to put a short nipple in the top two ports to give yourself something to mount it with.

American Valve AV301343 1/2-Inch Copper Split Ring Hanger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LUT8DU4...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pulled the electrical outlet. It’s right there like you said. Thanks a lot for the photos!

I don’t have the USB outlet there, so I’ll put an access on it. I’m thinking a vent because I’d like to keep that area heated in the winter. If not a small door with a nice handle.

Thanks again for the help!
    You’re welcome. Glad it’s working out for you. Good idea by another poster to use a razor knife and straight edge; the panel is wafer thin.

It would be nice if Grand Design put access openings for areas like this where it’s difficult to reach things. Oh well, gives us something to do I guess
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a Y fitting. I used it on my old rig for filtered water. Makes sense to use that for the pressure. I usually unscrew to tap end of my hose just enough to have the pressure drop when I’m ready to pack up. I use these shrink hoses, they take no space and expel all water when shrinking and dry quickly, I love them, but you need to real careful or you’ll get totally wet if you take it completely off and drop it. It’ll jump around like a snake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upon de-winterizing, I discovered that the hot water connection to the outside spray port had become disconnected. For the life of me, I can't figure out how that connection is supposed to go together. It appears that you just slide the plastic L tube into the tightening nut onto the back of the spray port. However, there isn't anything that pulls it tight so I am not sure how it stays in. I have attached a picture that shows the parts.
    Is there someone more knowledgeable than me that can shed some light on how these fitting go together. Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spray port connections.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	40583

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VTWads View Post
    Upon de-winterizing, I discovered that the hot water connection to the outside spray port had become disconnected. For the life of me, I can't figure out how that connection is supposed to go together. It appears that you just slide the plastic L tube into the tightening nut onto the back of the spray port. However, there isn't anything that pulls it tight so I am not sure how it stays in. I have attached a picture that shows the parts.
    Is there someone more knowledgeable than me that can shed some light on how these fitting go together. Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spray port connections.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	40583
    Looks like the black twist nut is broken. The black ring shown in your photo appears to have broken out from the inside back of it. The hole should be a little smaller than the white elbow collar. Maybe it was over tightened at the factory?

See if you can get them at Home Depot/Lowe’s etc. I think you’ll also need to take the white elbow off (remove the crimp) so you can slide the new nut over it. You might also pick up some seals too, here’s a link:

https://www.amazon.com/Flair-16435-P...0IRUKIO8&psc=1

These were an exact fit on my 2020 22mle.

Edit to add that the seals come as a 10 pack.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Looks like the black twist nut is broken. The black ring shown in your photo appears to have broken out from the inside back of it. The hole should be a little smaller than the white elbow collar. Maybe it was over tightened at the factory?

See if you can get them at Home Depot/Lowe’s etc. I think you’ll also need to take the white elbow off (remove the crimp) so you can slide the new nut over it. You might also pick up some seals too, here’s a link:

https://www.amazon.com/Flair-16435-P...0IRUKIO8&psc=1

These were an exact fit on my 2020 22mle.

Edit to add that the seals come as a 10 pack.
    I agree that the black nut needs to be on the "backside" of the lip on the L connector. However, the black nut is not broken or cracked and even if I took the connector elbow out you wouldn't be able to slide the nut over it due to the support piece of plastic at the right angle of the connector. I think that the factory ran out of the correct hardware and used these pieces. They stayed together due to a little friction initially. We had only used the camper a couple of times before I winterized it and we never used the outside spray port until I ran antifreeze through it last fall.
    It is still a mystery to me. GD has told me they are sending a new part so it will be interesting to see how it is put together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12