User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

GDRV Imagine XLS City / Fill Valve problem

I’m new to the Forum and just bought a new 22 MLE. I normally on my past campers use the gravity fill to fill the tank. On this rig, it has both a gravity fill and a fill in the front. I attempted to use this and I barely touched it and I think I might have broken the valve handle. The handle moves too freely now and I read in the manual not to change the valve position while under pressure. Does anyone know how to access the valve? It’s under warranty but I’d like to know because you can’t get service in my state very easily and I might need to do it myself if GD sends me a replacement part. It might be smart to put in a better made diverter valve … this seems super cheap to me based on what I have read. If anyone has ideas or recommendations that would be great.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure on yours but on our 2020 22MLE we had a drip leak at the compression fitting behind the City water inlet. The only way to access it was to crawl into the pass thru and remove the side panel (photo 1). That allowed me to reach behind and tighten it. We decided to make an access opening next to the bed in case it, or something else, came loose again. I used the panel from below the bathroom vanity as a cover up (photo 2). The arrow in photo 3 is pointing to the City water inlet compression fitting, the diverter valve is to the right of it not shown.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7A003CC0-73DE-4D83-89D3-1B64E4A2E598.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	37986

Name:	F4A785D3-6FA5-4B70-BBB5-20AF691A2DD4.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	37987

Name:	2F9E68DB-CF33-4428-90C3-ECDFC1AB56C9.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	37988
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2021 MLE is also accessed that way. I removed the entire back panel to locate and mark the bracing/studs for future mounting points.

Great idea on the interior access panel.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice job! I think this is what I’ll do. I’m certain the valve is damaged. I’m going to replace it with a brass one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thank you!

I pulled the electrical outlet. It’s right there like you said. Thanks a lot for the photos!

I don’t have the USB outlet there, so I’ll put an access on it. I’m thinking a vent because I’d like to keep that area heated in the winter. If not a small door with a nice handle.

Thanks again for the help!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuriHagel View Post
    I pulled the electrical outlet. It’s right there like you said. Thanks a lot for the photos!

I don’t have the USB outlet there, so I’ll put an access on it. I’m thinking a vent because I’d like to keep that area heated in the winter. If not a small door with a nice handle.

Thanks again for the help!

You can cut a nice size access panel there and reuse the piece that you cut out. The paneling is so thin that you can easily cut it with a razor knife and a straight edge and then add some 1x2 pieces to the inside to reattach the new access panel door to. I did something similar in my previous TT to access the pump under the bunk bed for winterizing. I used little magnetic catches to hold the panel back in place
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m new to the Forum and just bought a new 22 MLE. I normally on my past campers use the gravity fill to fill the tank. On this rig, it has both a gravity fill and a fill in the front. I attempted to use this and I barely touched it and I think I might have broken the valve handle. The handle moves too freely now and I read in the manual not to change the valve position while under pressure. Does anyone know how to access the valve? It’s under warranty but I’d like to know because you can’t get service in my state very easily and I might need to do it myself if GD sends me a replacement part. It might be smart to put in a better made diverter valve … this seems super cheap to me based on what I have read. If anyone has ideas or recommendations that would be great.
    So, it swings freely now and it doesn't switch the water between city and fill because you tried to do it while under pressure? Yikes. I knew these things were cheap but... I've done it lots of times under pressure - I must have missed that part in the manual. I used Pex throughout our home when we built it, so I plan to replace all the fittings and valves with Pex in the spring because those plastic connections are going to fail at some point. In fact, they had to fix one before we left the lot when we picked up our TT.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip on the razor knife … I was literally just thinking about that when I saw your post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    So, it swings freely now and it doesn't switch the water between city and fill because you tried to do it while under pressure? Yikes. I knew these things were cheap but... I've done it lots of times under pressure - I must have missed that part in the manual. I used Pex throughout our home when we built it, so I plan to replace all the fittings and valves with Pex in the spring because those plastic connections are going to fail at some point. In fact, they had to fix one before we left the lot when we picked up our TT.
    That is a fact. I barely touched it. If I put 10lbs of pressure on that valve I would be surprised. The valve costs $20 on Amazon and that’s about what it worth. Who puts a valve in where you need to drop the pressure to move from one setting to another? That means you have to turn off the hose, get wet taking the pressure off, switch the valve and turn the pressure on. That’s the dumbest thing you can think of for such an important part. I’m going to replace it with a brass one with all metal parts.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip on the razor knife … I was literally just thinking about that when I saw your post.
    You're welcome. That wall paneling is usually pretty flimsy so be careful. Maybe you can tell if there is vertical support on that wall to the left of the outlet, if so I would cut down the center of that. Also if you can cut up tight to the bottom trim and left side trim you should end up next to a 3/4" nailer strips that the panel itself is attached to... then you would have something to attach another nailer for supporting the panel can't really tell what the top area looks like.

Name:	Screenshot_20211204-121508_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	38003
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast