Greetings All:

Just curious to know if there is a problem with adopting a practice of connecting the water pressure regulator at the Nautilus bay, as opposed to attaching it at the spigot from whatever external source used for city water hookup?

Assuming the regulator is attached correctly, in terms of water flow direction into the rig, does it really matter which end of the hose you put the regulator on? Might it reduce or increase the pressure significantly if hooked up at the rig? I’m too chicken to test it without more insight.

FYI, I currently use an “el cheapo” brass regulator, and I attach it at the external water source spigot, but I recently began to wonder if it would work equally well if attached to my 90 degree elbow in the wet bay?
On a side note: For what it’s worth… we have no water pressure “problems,” but I will say that we get “better” pressure when using the fresh water tank and the water pump.

Rationale: I’ve inadvertently left one or two regulators attached to an external spigot at a camp site, while distracted by nice but “chatty” camp neighbors during tear-down, so my thought was… if I always leave it attached at the elbow in the bay, I could mitigate that little blunder in the future. However, I don’t want to risk damaging my plumbing system over such a simple and cheap (but necessary) device.

Thoughts? Concerns? Horror stories?

Thanks for any feedback!