User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    It might work, but for piece of mind you will need a 60A DC-DC charger set up off the TV battery https://www.renogy.com/12v-60a-dc-to...ttery-charger/

I am just starting this project to be able to run the fridge on AC when traveling. I have 4-6V deep cycle batterys - 520 Ah and a test run I did without it got me 4 to 6 hours run time to 60% SOC and that is not enough to get me through the night to run my CPAP's (2) . With the DC-DC charger I should be fine.
    We did consider adding more deep cycle batteries but want to make use of ourTitan system.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    The battery in the titan has 74 AH available. That will only run the fridge for a little over an hour. Can you use the solar recharge while underway? If so, that would help...... a little.
    It has a Max of 80 amps charging. Real life means 40 amps would be what you will see.

In short, the math just doesn't work well.

On edit: Upon further reading I see that ths can be optioned several differeent ways.
    So what exactly do you have?
    IE" I see that one battery has 2000 WH available. If so, then that should run the frige for 3 hours.But a second battery can be added? Where dos that go? Doe it fit inside the generator? Or is it jumpered to it with wires? IOW, can this second battery be used while underway?
    Do you have the second battery? 6 hours of fridge time could be doable, 3, not sp much.At any rate, it would likely mean arriving at camp with a depleted battery(s). How many solar panels do you have? This is important, as I do not think that they can be used while underway, and you will need to recharge in camp, while using power at the same time. You can have up tp 2000 watts for this unit.
    We have the Titan 1600 Briefcase kit. We have 8-200 watt panels and 2-2000 watt batteries.

We had an outdoor kitchen with a slideout cooktop that we removed. The generator and batteries will be installed in there. We can plug in when at a campground to charge the batteries. We will not be installing the panels on the trailer so going down the road and having the sun recharge is not an option. We will be retaining the portability.

Now we have to figure out a way to wire the whole thing. We also need to figure a way to keep everything safe from theft.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a point of reference - I have 3600 watts of battery and 800 watts of solar panels. I have occasionally run the frig (8 cu absorbtion) and while it works it draws enough power that there is not a lot left for the other stuff i want to do (like work). I will leave it on the inverter during summer months when traveling during the day - it easily keeps up with that, but when the days get short i dont do this. And i always run on propane at night. We mostly boondock and i prioritize the battery power for other things. Almost hoping the frig will crap out on me so i have an excuse to get a 12v compressor model...
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    As a point of reference - I have 3600 watts of battery and 800 watts of solar panels. I have occasionally run the frig (8 cu absorbtion) and while it works it draws enough power that there is not a lot left for the other stuff i want to do (like work). I will leave it on the inverter during summer months when traveling during the day - it easily keeps up with that, but when the days get short i dont do this. And i always run on propane at night. We mostly boondock and i prioritize the battery power for other things. Almost hoping the frig will crap out on me so i have an excuse to get a 12v compressor model...
    I know.....I get it compressor VS absorption......
    Thanks for the information...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    WOW thanks for letting me know your experience. Your specs almost match mine.
    I have a 8cu ft absorption frig
    4000 watt battery
    1600 watts in panels
    We live in Florida so running during the summer is mandatory.
    We won't plan on running much off the generator after that. Looks like it will be pretty well drained. We can always run off propane at night-good idea.
    Titan does offer more batteries if we
    discover we need them.

We just don't want to worry about running down the road using propane.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your fridge is on the passenger side. Your gas tank fill for the truck is on the drivers side. The other pumps are on the other side of the vehicles next to the TT. Millions of people pull RV trailers through gas stations with the propane on. Probably 99% of the GD owners here do. I don't get the issue. You'd have a better chance of winning the lottery as to catching fire at a gas station. 99% of the time your TT is not near the pumps when filling as the fridge is probably 20+ feet behind the truck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In most states it is against the law to have your valve to your propane tanks open while on the road. A leak in the system doesn't have to come from just the frig. Just rocking and rolling down the road.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    In most states it is against the law to have your valve to your propane tanks open while on the road. A leak in the system doesn't have to come from just the frig. Just rocking and rolling down the road.
    I don't believe that is correct. Some tunnels and ferries won't allow propane to be on during transit, but just running down the road isn't a problem in most places. And if it is, count me among the lawbreakers.
    Last edited by Hoopy Frood; 12-05-2021 at 09:03 PM.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    This is not true. As @Hoopy Frood alluded to, there are only a few locations where it is required to close the valves on the tanks - for example, entering tunnels. BC in Canada has some laws that differ, too. In addition, all modern LP tanks have rapid escape prevention valves that stop the flow of propane should a line be severed... as you may have experienced if you opened a valve too quickly after refilling a tank and reconnecting it.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An inverter uses a lot of energy. You are better off spending the money on a portable fridge - I have a CFX3 from Dometic and it just sips energy and holds a lot of food. It’ll make it no problem on a road trip.

I use it camping and on my boat as freezer or worksites. I run it off a lithium battery from a jackery.

If you want an inverter, I would use a jackery because lithium runs full power until it’s discharged. Plus you can use it as a power center and also charge from solar or your vehicle while underway

Lithium weighs 1/4 of deep cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grand Design 2022 MLE Travel Trailer
    Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast