User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuriHagel View Post
    ... Lithium weighs 1/4 of deep cycle. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually, a little less than half. A 100AH deep cycle lead-acid battery weighs 66lbs; a 100AH Battle Born LiFePO4 battery weighs 31 lbs.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Actually, a little less than half. A 100AH deep cycle lead-acid battery weighs 66lbs; a 100AH Battle Born LiFePO4 battery weighs 31 lbs.

Rob
    A 100Ah lithium is the equivalent of 2 100ah lead acid batteries - that’s how I made the weight calculation because you can discharge lithium pretty much down to a few percent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grand Design 2022 MLE Travel Trailer
    Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    In most states it is against the law to have your valve to your propane tanks open while on the road. A leak in the system doesn't have to come from just the frig. Just rocking and rolling down the road.
    I do not believe this to be the case.
    Do you have any links to statutes that verify this?
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not true. As @Hoopy Frood alluded to, there are only a few locations where it is required to close the valves on the tanks - for example, entering tunnels. BC in Canada has some laws that differ, too. In addition, all modern LP tanks have rapid escape prevention valves that stop the flow of propane should a line be severed... as you may have experienced if you opened a valve too quickly after refilling a tank and reconnecting it.

Rob
    Good to know.
    1998 Fleetwood Wilderness travel trailer (previously)
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800bh
    2021 Ford F150 XLT with trailer package and 3.5lt Eco boost and brake controller that goes on and off at will.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 Imagine 2800bh with a Dometic frig gas/elec which I want to install an inverter which will allow me to run down the road without propane.

Has anyone done this? I would like to know your experience with this.
    We've done this. We have our inverter up near the batteries. My husband ran an additional 110VAC line to the fridge and installed a double pole, double throw switch to select "inverter" or "normal" operation at the fridge. We also have installed lithium batteries and solar to ensure they stay charged up enough. A single lead acid 12V battery would run the fridge only about 2 hours.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    We've done this. We have our inverter up near the batteries. My husband ran an additional 110VAC line to the fridge and installed a double pole, double throw switch to select "inverter" or "normal" operation at the fridge. We also have installed lithium batteries and solar to ensure they stay charged up enough. A single lead acid 12V battery would run the fridge only about 2 hours.
    That is a good idea. Thanks
    2021 Ford F150 XLT with trailer package and 3.5lt Eco boost and brake controller that goes on and off at will.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how long will an absorption 8cu ft frig run with a 12V AGM battery with inverter?
    Looking at all the options.
    ANYONE?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how long will an absorption 8cu ft frig run with a 12V AGM battery with inverter?
    ANYONE?
    Need more info. Specs on the battery and inverter.

My off the cuff comment...... Not long enough for my liking.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not true. As @Hoopy Frood alluded to, there are only a few locations where it is required to close the valves on the tanks - for example, entering tunnels. BC in Canada has some laws that differ, too. In addition, all modern LP tanks have rapid escape prevention valves that stop the flow of propane should a line be severed... as you may have experienced if you opened a valve too quickly after refilling a tank and reconnecting it.

Rob
    That valve won't stop a leak though. If your hose is severed while attached and the hose length creates enough backpressure to keep the EFV open, it will absolutely discharge the contents of the tank. I use a homemade rosebud full open and it will burn hot and fast until the tank is empty. This is why a product like Gas-Stop exists.

Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I do not believe this to be the case.
    Do you have any links to statutes that verify this?
    I agree. New York State does have signs at the border that state propane must be shut off (the Garmin won't shut up about it either, but I'm not sure the statute if any. Other than that it's only been some highways (turnpikes, parkways, etc.), tunnels, and ferries.

Full Timing Family
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R
    2021 Ford F450 King Ranch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ANYONE?
    Well mine (8cf Dometic) will pull between 44 and 55 amps. A good AGM might have 180AH capacity (most are probably 120AH), 50% usable down to 50% SOC so lets say 60AH to 90 AH available if fully charged. An AH is called an amp hour so a 90 AH battery will provide 1 hour at 90A, However most AGM batterys can only provide a 50 amp continuous discharge capacity - so check that. Even your Titan will have a maximum discharge rating.

Inverter efficiency is in the 85% to 90% range . Do the math at 85% efficiency you have a 63 A draw so you might get an hour, maybe 1.5hrs. Without a DC to DC charger delivering 60A to you trailer battery or your Titan battery while your driving (uses TV alternator to power it) your plan just wont work. Sorry. Also most trailer wiring and the typical 6 awg battery wire size wont handle that current, so check your wire size too.

If you don't believe me check some of the solar sites for sizing calculators and plug in your numbers.

Just so you know I have run for more than 50 years with propane on with no issues and I have never seen or heard of an issue. More folks smoking while gassing up causing fires.

On edit if you want to do the calculation in watts is 12V times 55A =660 watts 0r 756 watts or more to power the inverter.
    Last edited by powerscol; 12-06-2021 at 08:53 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast