User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    I agree regarding the current capability of those gauge wires, however I have measured my 2020 f250 with a half full lifpo battery (i.e. it will suck down 120 amps happily) and I only get about 7 amps from the 7pin connector. So something is limiting that.
    I will add, that everytime I have checked, I never even got close to 7 amps. Basically charging via a stock 7 pin is a waste of time
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 4 100ah battle born batteries and 600 watts of solar with Victron everything. When rolling down the road on a decently sunny day, we can run our fridge on AC and still be charging our batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running refrig on AC

Quote Originally Posted by Michark0906 View Post
    We have 4 100ah battle born batteries and 600 watts of solar with Victron everything. When rolling down the road on a decently sunny day, we can run our fridge on AC and still be charging our batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have the "Big Kahuna" of batteries. We are setting up our point zero titan system in the outdoor kitchen area with 1600 briefcase panels and hope to be doing what you are doing next week. It will be a "maiden voyage".

We would have loved to get rid of our absorption refrig but cost, supply delays and just plain inconvenience for replacing it made it not an option.

Always glad to hear success stories.
    1998 Fleetwood Wilderness travel trailer (previously)
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800bh
    2021 Ford F150 XLT with trailer package and 3.5lt Eco boost and brake controller that goes on and off at will.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 1600w solar on the roof and 525 AH of Lion Energy Lithium batteries, giving us plenty of power and charging. While we can drive and fully charge our batteries while driving, we're looking at changing out the absorption cooling for either pure AC (1/9 the power draw) or a pure 12vDC (1/10 the power draw) cooling unit. That would keep the cabinet and 1) allow max cooling even if the refrigerator is off level, 2) remove the fire hazard of an overheating or blocked absorption unit, and 3) completely cut off the propane supply to the refrigerator. Even taking the trailer to Indiania and having the company install the unit (about 2 hours labor) is less expensive than purchasing a new refrigerator. Worse case, I have enough room to add at least 2 more 105AH batteries though not planning on doing that today.

Something you might want to consider.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you going to Shipshewana to have the fridge converted? I saw where there is a kit to convert the frig. from absorption to 12v
    2021 Ford F150 XLT with trailer package and 3.5lt Eco boost and brake controller that goes on and off at will.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. I don't want to do the conversion myself. I figure it's worth making sure the work is done correctly. And they will have to make an adjustment for the depth between the back of the refrigerator and the outside access door. They know exactly how to handle it, so I'll leave it for the experts. Just wish I knew about them when I had the solar installed in November. I was about 30 miles away. From home, it's about 925 miles. Probably have it done in June and visit the RV/Motorhome Museum while there.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    Yep. I don't want to do the conversion myself. I figure it's worth making sure the work is done correctly. And they will have to make an adjustment for the depth between the back of the refrigerator and the outside access door. They know exactly how to handle it, so I'll leave it for the experts. Just wish I knew about them when I had the solar installed in November. I was about 30 miles away. From home, it's about 925 miles. Probably have it done in June and visit the RV/Motorhome Museum while there.
    We have looked into that fix as well. Let me know the outcome.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree absorbing rv frig. Will take a lot of power and drain batteries, now if you going to run a residential or compresssor frig. You will most likely do ok. By the time you invest in goog batteries a converter,all the items needed to do so,,,,just go by A12 volt frig. Or 12 volt conversion kit for your current frig.( Dutch make) products will have one for you. Do the calculations ($$).
    Retired Transportation ,
    2015 GMC 2500HD. (6.0L.) Crew Cab. S.R.W.
    2021 reflection 320 MKS. With some mod.s
    2nd. Rv. And lovin it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cshyman62 View Post
    I agree absorbing rv frig. Will take a lot of power and drain batteries, now if you going to run a residential or compresssor frig. You will most likely do ok. By the time you invest in goog batteries a converter,all the items needed to do so,,,,just go by A12 volt frig. Or 12 volt conversion kit for your current frig.( Dutch make) products will have one for you. Do the calculations ($$).
    That all sounds easy buy with all the supply shortages it has become very difficult in my area. Plus I am leaving in 2wks for an extended period of time. Just trying to make do for now. Safe travels to you and yours....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567