User Tag List

Thread: Cheap heat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheap heat

Has anyone put in a electric heater known as ‘cheap heat’? If so how do you like it. I like the idea it uses current furnace ducts and looks like less expensive to run then propane. I contacted the company for a dealer nearest me but closest is 250 miles away. They did say that anyone that works on ac can install as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest option is 5,000W which produces about half the heat your furnace does. It may be a better option now with high propane prices or if you are at a campground with free electricity, but it may be more expensive at metered sites.

The 3750W and 5000W versions are only usable with a 50A rig and hookup. The 1800W version is the only one that can be used on a 30A setup, and it uses half of your available power.

5000W for an hour is 5KWH so roughly 75 cents to $1.25 at metered sites. To do the same heating with LP would take about 0.18 gallons or around 50 cents worth.

Prices vary, so the math does too.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My rv is currently at seasonal site. I suspect I’ll be there a few more years. I am pretty sure I paid .08kw this past year. But when we travel with it then I imagine the rate will be significantly higher. I believe the 5000watt is somewhere near 17000btu. In company’s video they indicate with propane furnaces you lose a lot in startup and shutdown and out the exhaust. That they lose up to 40%. I don’t know how one measures that so hoping someone has it and can share their experience. We use a space heater unless it’s really cold and it heats up the rv pretty well when above 40 but doesn’t do anything for basement or when colder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have it in our 337RLS for the past 3 years. Have stayed in low 20's, nice and warm. I like it better than propane, the propane seam to over heat, then I feel cold before it comes back on. The cheap heat it more even. We order our 390RK-R, and Cheap heat, mattress, and water softener are the first upgrades.
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s great to hear. Did you have a dealer install? I watched the videos and it seems like something I’d like to do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottschweikert View Post
    That’s great to hear. Did you have a dealer install? I watched the videos and it seems like something I’d like to do

Did it myself, the Reflection 5th wheel rigs,are a little more work, because the furnace is ducted thru the floor. The Solitude should be easy, not sure how travel trailers are set up.
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator