Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truma Aquago in cold weater

Hi,

Just thought I would share this info. We recently spent 10 days in Nashville and the temps were routinely below freezing at night. I was prepared for this with my heated hose and kept all dumps closed at night. However, the one issue that we had was our Truma tankless heater was really having trouble keeping up. The water was exceptionally cold coming from the source and most of our showers ended up being lukewarm. Called the dealer and they said it was either a propane regulator problem or a high demand > 2 gpm issue. I ruled out the regulator since it works fine now and figured that our non-factory showerhead is likely right on the edge of 2 gpm. Combine that with exceptionally cold water and you will have issues. If we were going to spend more time in the cold (not going to happen), I would get a smaller shower head and leave the flow restrictors in place.

For those who are interested, we got our Truma AquaGo installed at factory service location in Lakeland, FL. Dave is awesome and does the install while you wait in a couple of hours at the most. We absolutely love this product (aside from the issue mentioned here).
    Mike & Annie
    2022 372 WB/R (Daisey)
    2021 F450 (Mamabear)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't aware of this system. I like the fact that you can add an antifreeze part that is good to -4 without draining and works off of 12v. Maybe this could be a good alternative to the on demand system that GD is installing.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I wasn't aware of this system. I like the fact that you can add an antifreeze part that is good to -4 without draining and works off of 12v. Maybe this could be a good alternative to the on demand system that GD is installing.

I wasnt aware that GD even installed a tankless option? When we ordered our Solitude (a 2022), it was not an option or I would have jumped all over that. If you enjoy longer showers this thing is the bomb. As long as you have propane, you have hot water...
    Mike & Annie
    2022 372 WB/R (Daisey)
    2021 F450 (Mamabear)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey8404 View Post
    I wasnt aware that GD even installed a tankless option? When we ordered our Solitude (a 2022), it was not an option or I would have jumped all over that. If you enjoy longer showers this thing is the bomb. As long as you have propane, you have hot water...
    The big issue with the one that GD is installing is that you have to bypass it and drain it when it freezes outside.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE