User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too Much Pressure

After performing a simple plumbing modification, we decided to test our PEX skills by connecting the RV to a standard hose bib in the wash station at our storage lot. Figuring we were just going to connect to the water source for only a few seconds, no need to dig out our regulator. I stationed myself so that I could observe the modification while my wife connected the water. Good news my modification didn't leak. Bad news I had several other leaks show up on the back side of the Nautilus panel. We determined that the pressure was simply too high from the hose bib in the wash station and chalked it up to learning the lesson, (again!), not to take short cuts. On our next trip out, we also learned that our kitchen faucet had a failed internal cartridge inside the valve body and replaced that with a better faucet from a home big box store.

Upon returning home, we decided to test the wash station hose bib to see just how high that pressure is. We were astonished to see readings of 130psi. So, while I would like to say I've learned my lesson not to take short cuts, the fact that I've "learned" it AGAIN suggests I haven't really learned it yet. Regardless, be careful out there!
    2021 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW with Air Lift springs
    B&W Companion Slider
    2021 Solitude 375RES-R w/ disc brakes
    Formerly REI 6 man tent

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting this - a good reminder for sure.

I've often been tempted to hook up w/o the pressure regulator. After reading this, all temptation is gone.
    signature

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    Thanks for posting this - a good reminder for sure.

I've often been tempted to hook up w/o the pressure regulator. After reading this, all temptation is gone.
    This is why I have permanently mounted a pressure regulator with gauge on my Nautilus system.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    This is why I have permanently mounted a pressure regulator with gauge on my Nautilus system.
    I've really wanted to do that and mount the flow meter as well. Can you post a photo (& description?) of what you did?
    signature

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've really wanted to do that and mount the flow meter as well. Can you post a photo (& description?) of what you did?
    Search for my filter mod. I show pictures of my gauge permanently mounted along with the filters and everything else connected to the Nautilus panel.

This thread has more pictures of my installation: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...163#post413163

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MoonShadow_1911; 04-16-2022 at 07:59 PM.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here is what I did. I purchased a 90 degree garden hose elbow. I attached the pressure regulator to the elbow after attaching elbow to fresh water input. I stabilized & supported the pressure regulator with a piece of plastic (closet made shelf socket) by screwing it into the Nautilus panel. I always use a quick connect adapter on my hose so the male end is attached to the pressure regulator & female end with shut off goes on to the fresh water hose. Hopefully the picture attached below. If not I will upload it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 46AE4461-EB55-4450-A59A-53E050C7B14D.jpeg  
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I've considered doing that, but haven't as yet as I'm also concerned with the black tank flush. Should that be regulated too? In my original case, 135psi will either give your black tank a really good rinsing or it will damage some connections.
    B&W Companion Slider
    Formerly REI 6 man tent

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daltontrio View Post
    Thank you. I've considered doing that, but haven't as yet as I'm also concerned with the black tank flush. Should that be regulated too? In my original case, 135psi will either give your black tank a really good rinsing or it will damage some connections.
    Someone can correct if wrong but I don’t think excessive pressure will effect any plumbing during black tank flush since that process is opened ended in the tank and does not build up any pressure or add water to any of the other pex lines throughout the system that holds pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOhio View Post
    Someone can correct if wrong but I don’t think excessive pressure will effect any plumbing during black tank flush since that process is opened ended in the tank and does not build up any pressure or add water to any of the other pex lines throughout the system that holds pressure.

Good point, I hadn't considered that. Thanks.
    B&W Companion Slider
    Formerly REI 6 man tent

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOhio View Post
    You are correct! No correction needed. As long as you have the dump valve open.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast