User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expected delivery question

I ordered a 2022 Grand Design Imagine Trailer in the first part of October 2021. The dealership was very helpful and said the unit was expected in December 2021 and that there may be a delay but have only seen things delayed about 6 weeks. So December is here and they say they got an update and it should be off the line February 2nd and then Grand Design would ship 2 weeks after that. From experience do you think it will be ready then, what delays are being seen? I technically don’t need it until mid-April but had a very bad experience with a couch due to covid (I completely get it not complaining I know everyone is in the same boat) and am hoping this is not the same. So just looking for expectations thanks!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrislydo84 View Post
    I ordered a 2022 Grand Design Imagine Trailer in the first part of October 2021. The dealership was very helpful and said the unit was expected in December 2021 and that there may be a delay but have only seen things delayed about 6 weeks. So December is here and they say they got an update and it should be off the line February 2nd and then Grand Design would ship 2 weeks after that. From experience do you think it will be ready then, what delays are being seen? I technically don’t need it until mid-April but had a very bad experience with a couch due to covid (I completely get it not complaining I know everyone is in the same boat) and am hoping this is not the same. So just looking for expectations thanks!
    That timeline is about right. You can call Grand Design and get your VIN as well. Make sure you perform a thorough PDI BEFORE you sign or pay for it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    That timeline is about right. You can call Grand Design and get your VIN as well. Make sure you perform a thorough PDI BEFORE you sign or pay for it.

Thanks I will do. I also think I paid extra for my dealership to do a thorough check as well. Not sure if that is standard or if I am being taken for a ride.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I will do. I also think I paid extra for my dealership to do a thorough check as well. Not sure if that is standard or if I am being taken for a ride.
    We didn't pay anything extra when Northgate in Ringgold, GA did a through PDI before we even got there.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I will have to ask about this when I go to make sure it is worth the money

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I will have to ask about this when I go to make sure it is worth the money
    If they are a reputable dealer, they will PDI it before you get your hands on it. Northgate also had our coach of almost 4 weeks before we could get out there.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if you do not pay this fee they do not check any part of the trailer while doing the make-ready?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post

What do you give Grand Design as far as information that they can give you a VIN? Only documentation we have is the dealer order sheet with the dealer's internal invoice number.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    What do you give Grand Design as far as information that they can give you a VIN? Only documentation we have is the dealer order sheet with the dealer's internal invoice number.
    I called Grand Design and asked for my VIN. I think they asked for my name, and the dealer name, and what I ordered... I think... My memory was never really good.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called Grand Design this AM. 310Gk-R Build is finished and waiting transport. Trees coming down today so I can get it in my driveway.
    For those interested, GD provided me with the placard numbers and the pin weight which I didn't think they measured.
    Weight - 13,114
    GVWR - 18,000
    Pin - 2,632

I expected the weight to be heavier due to the options we added (dual pane, Gen, solar, heat pump, 8K axles, slide toppers) but was surprised at the Pin weight being that low. Should see it in about a week or two. My goal is to have a look the day it is delivered to see how it survived the transport from Elkhart.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast