User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRoland View Post
    No, unfortunately, that's it. When set to F (Furnace), 60 in the min temp to set. I may just replace it with something else, maybe even an old-style manual one. Not a lot of width available on that part of the wall to mount something wider on.
    So I went and looked up the Furrion and you are correct, for heat mode the lowest is 60 deg f. Really weird temp boundary. I would think for heat it should go to at least 50. Bad design on Furrion. I don’t think there is much you can do about it unless a different control is compatible.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a Furrion with zip customer service. I have had trouble with my Furrion systems since August. My bedroom AC will not shut off at the set temp. It will drop the bedroom down to 64 deg and keep on running. The only way to shut it off is to push the button on the control. The same thing has been happening with the furnace. Furrion can only take emails not phone calls. I have asked Grand Design to change out my systems since this has been going on before the warranty expired. Grand Design is sending me an extension kit for the sensor. I hope it works. The problem is the way Furrion designed the systems. If I purchase another RV I will not have Furrion products on it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mark23deb

Where are the sensors for the AC units located?
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in the ceiling unit. it is a small black wire. It is identified with a label. I punched a hole in the foam screen and lowered thru the cover. It works better now but I not happy with Furrion.
    Mark Costner
    Charlotte, NC
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 Ram Big Horn 6.4 Hemi

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark23deb View Post
    in the ceiling unit. it is a small black wire. It is identified with a label. I punched a hole in the foam screen and lowered thru the cover. It works better now but I not happy with Furrion.
    Thanks, my mistake I missed understood and didn't realize you were taking about a Furrion AC unit.... both of mine are Coleman AC units. Back in September I installed the AirFlow system AC upgrade kits in each and I recall all of the wiring looking like a 10 year old had installed it. I neatened it all up with some tie wraps and tucked it all back up and out of the way... Now I'm wondering if I need to go back in and find the sensors and relocate them. Anyone know if Coleman AC units also have these sensors and where is the optimal place for them to be located?
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRoland View Post
    yeah, same here.

This is the thermostat, https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/71195 , will be reading the manual again.

ETA:

Attachment 38062

Confirmed via manual, 60F is the lowest temp that can be set :-(
    could that be for the cooling mode?
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, it's really limited to not go below 60F in the heating mode (when the display says 'F' when it's starting, and then furnace fan starts and heater springs into action). Further up i posted a link to the manual, even says so in there. So that's by design, unfortunately.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel
    e2 trunnion hitch and Curt 7-pin brake controller
    Victron SmartSolar 100|50 -- 2x UB121000 100ah -- 4x100W panels
    Always boondocking. No post, no facilities.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is really a design flaw/bad design. Not sure what they were thinking of with a low temp of 60 for heat.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final update on this. Contacted GrandDesign customer service; initially they said as well 'you're using it wrong', but then came back and said 'yup, 60F is as low as it goes'.

They did not suggest a different thermostat, most probably because a) still under warranty, and b) then they could be held liable for providing info on something that may not be supported.

Question - what thermostat is installed on the 22MLE, 2600RB? My guess is that those are similar 'systems' that may have a different thermostat installed? I may just start up a new thread for this question.

Oh, also notified Customer Service that one of the outside speakers was no longer lit up - they are sending me a replacement speaker via USPS. Did not think it was worth wile to schlep the camper back to the dealer for a simple repair like that.

R.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, final final - found a youtube video where someone is talking about the exact same thermostat, and shows the limitation of not being able to heat lower than 60F. Also talks about what to change (wiring, dip switches) to make the system work with any regular analogue thermostat.

I may just leave it like it is - apparently the 'dry' setting of that furrion thermostat, a specific function of it, will help with reducing the moisture in the air. It kinda works like having the AC on, but not to cool the air, but circulating the air and taking the moisture out of it. I'll experiment with this next time i'm at the camper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast