User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    So I went and looked up the Furrion and you are correct, for heat mode the lowest is 60 deg f. Really weird temp boundary. I would think for heat it should go to at least 50. Bad design on Furrion. I don’t think there is much you can do about it unless a different control is compatible.
    Indeed a bad design. Also, in the 2600RB the thermostat is just a control. The actual thermistor is in the A/C unit (roof that is). Long story short, the lowest temperature on mine if I recall is also 60 F. The "Thermostat Manual", FACW12SA-BL is for a single zone, likely a bigger rig will have the dual zone one. They call the manual a thermostat manual..... but it is really on a control unit. A thermostat has the thermistor built in. Nowhere in the manual is the temperature heating range mentioned. Very poor manual. Haven't looked at their AC installation manual.

I have recently spoken with Furrion concerning boondocking and the 14.5K system, their so called thermostat, and thermistor placement. Their response was that this unit was never designed to be taken boon docking but designed to operate on AC. Also, they do not make service manuals available to the public. Mind you, it isn't that bad a system, the way it is set up right now, with the heater running and the AC fan blowing, it equilibrates the temperature reasonably well at the set temperature in the AC unit.

Furrion is now owned by LCI (September 2021). It was only a design company with HQ in Hong Kong and manufacturing....well you guessed it. I am currently researching how I can substitute their thermostat and install a real one in its place. You need to add a temperature sensor wire back to the thermostat to supply the new thermistor. A bit of electronics as all the control systems are in the AC unit itself. Note: Any modification to the system during the warranty period will void the warranty.

A good local HVAC will be able to sort all this out as it really isn't rocket science.

In my previous trailer, I often used 2 ceramic heaters on low (Total amp draw was 17 A) and a heating blanket at nite. Ran the furnace in the morning and evening only or when it really got cold.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Anyone know if Coleman AC units also have these sensors and where is the optimal place for them to be located?
    The temp sensor for the Airxcel is in the wall thermostat. I discovered that this morning when changing it out. The heat from my hands caused the temp display to go up slightly. The only other sensor in those units is the freeze sensor at the coil.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    The temp sensor for the Airxcel is in the wall thermostat. I discovered that this morning when changing it out. The heat from my hands caused the temp display to go up slightly. The only other sensor in those units is the freeze sensor at the coil.
    Thanks for the reply.... so the freeze sensor is attached to the coil up on the roof portion?
    I'm asking because when I did my Airflow upgrade I staightened out the rats nest of wiring on the inside a ty-rapped everything up and out of the way.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRoland View Post
    Hey everybody,

With winter quickly approaching in SW WI, i was looking at perhaps replacing the thermostat the camper came with. The current one does not go below 60F. We're ok with temps below 60, perhaps around 50F. So, right now we're cranking up the heat to about 65F before going to bed, then switching off the thermostat altogether. With the weather we've had so far (30mph winds, temps around 27 at the lowest overnight), in the morning it's still 42F in the camper. Note that we're winterized, carrying in some water for washing up, tea/coffee only.

What thermostats are you all using, after-market? Any new bells and whistles like Bluetooth connectivity, etc.?

Thanks,

R.
    Hi Roland. This is my first time trying to post and hopefully it works this time! I know this is an old thread but did you ever find a solution? My issue is on the opposite side of the spectrum as I would like to be able to set my AC to 99° in the summertime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123