User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2670 frozen water pipes

Hey all, was hoping get some suggestions. I am a full time camper in the 2670 camper and had my pipes freeze inside the front cargo compartment last night. The temp got down to -27 with the wind chill. I have the arctic package but it doesn’t look like that area receives any heat from the furnace like the underbelly does, and was wondering if anyone had any prevention measures they take in that area. I have a heated supply hose, so that portion was fine, but all the hoses behind the supply panel froze up. I’m thinking I’ll just put some heat tape on them to prevent future freeze ups, but wanted to see if anyone else was doing different. Thank you everyone for your input.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swevans1313 View Post
    Hey all, was hoping get some suggestions. I am a full time camper in the 2670 camper and had my pipes freeze inside the front cargo compartment last night. The temp got down to -27 with the wind chill. I have the arctic package but it doesn’t look like that area receives any heat from the furnace like the underbelly does, and was wondering if anyone had any prevention measures they take in that area. I have a heated supply hose, so that portion was fine, but all the hoses behind the supply panel froze up. I’m thinking I’ll just put some heat tape on them to prevent future freeze ups, but wanted to see if anyone else was doing different. Thank you everyone for your input.

Plug in a ceramic disk heater in the compartment and let it run all night.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wind chill has no impact on whether something will freeze, or not. It does give a vague idea of how fast something will cool down to the ambient temperature. Only vague, since it is a measure of the impact on a human body. Hence why many places have started to refer to it as "feels like". But I'm guessing temps got to single digits overnight. Since all the lines are inside the plywood box that houses the water pump, I'd run a cord from the power outlet in the pass through, and put an incandescent light bulb in there. Position it so it doesn't touch anything, just heats the air in the space.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ceramic heater is ok. But you might also insulate the area behind the nautilus and put a 100 watt incandescent bulb there. Might work as well.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrovsky View Post
    Ceramic heater is ok. But you might also insulate the area behind the nautilus and put a 100 watt incandescent bulb there. Might work as well.
    In our model, not a lot of space to insulate inside the "box", but for temp use one could put cut foamboard on two sides on the outside of it. Small area, so a light bulb will have a big impact. There's a lot going on in there, it would be bad for it to touch wires/tubing that could be melted. But heat won't be wasted trying to heat the entire pass through with a ceramic heater.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)