User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    That link didn't seem to work.

But..... selecting the 11.400 GVWR or the 9,000# GVWR means you are actually selecting a LOWER GVRW. I know - it seems wrong, but to get the full GVWR you have to be sure to NOT SELECT either of those "options". I made that mistake on my current truck. I have a long bed on order and didn't select those options and the GVRW is 12,400 based on the order sheet the dealer gave me.

Fords 2022 Super Duty brochure will give you a good idea of the GVWRs available with your model truck.
    Ouch! If that is correct, then the payload would be about #2200 . Hopefully the order csn still be changed.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Ouch! If that is correct, then the payload would be about #2200 . Hopefully the order csn still be changed.
    I went back to the link you included and I saw the configuration. At the 11,400 GVWR it looks like you would get a 3,840 payload.

If you just ordered the truck I think you have plenty of time to get back to the dealer and delete that 11,400 GVWR option you selected. That should get you to an 11,500 GVWR and a 3,940 payload capacity (plus or minus). It looks like for a 4x4 that is the highest GVWR a short bed can get.

It looks like the only way to get to 12,400 GVWR is with the long bed. That's why I am replacing my short bed. That and I can get rid of the 330lb Demco slider and switch to a GooseBox or Gen-Y ball hitch.

I ordered my truck at the end of October and still don't have a VIN or build date.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I went back to the link you included and I saw the configuration. At the 11,400 GVWR it looks like you would get a 3,840 payload.

If you just ordered the truck I think you have plenty of time to get back to the dealer and delete that 11,400 GVWR option you selected. That should get you to an 11,500 GVWR and a 3,940 payload capacity (plus or minus). It looks like for a 4x4 that is the highest GVWR a short bed can get.

It looks like the only way to get to 12,400 GVWR is with the long bed. That's why I am replacing my short bed. That and I can get rid of the 330lb Demco slider and switch to a GooseBox or Gen-Y ball hitch.

I ordered my truck at the end of October and still don't have a VIN or build date.
    Larry KE4DMG

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That link didn't seem to work.
    But..... selecting the 11.400 GVWR or the 9,000# GVWR means you are actually selecting a LOWER GVRW. I know - it seems wrong, but to get the full GVWR you have to be sure to NOT SELECT either of those "options". I made that mistake on my current truck. I have a long bed on order and didn't select those options and the GVRW is 12,400 based on the order sheet the dealer gave me.
    I was stoked to go after the 12,400 and reached out to the sales guy. He engaged the fleet folks to make sure we didn't miss something. To get to that with the 4x4 Crew Cab and Diesel, I would need to go with the 8 foot bed selection. In my case, I want the 6 and 3/4 foot bed with the 6.7 diesel. 11,500 lbs is what shows up in the handbook for the highest GVWR with a crew cab that I can get with that combination in a SRW....why there is a 11,400 package when the handbook says 11,500 is the most, I don't know but that is the case.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep - I'm ok with not getting the extra 100lbs...will just leave it alone....I've changed this build so much I think I'm starting to wear on the sales guy We started with a Hybrid, went to the HDPP XLT F150 then landed on the 22 F350 (this is the 3rd iteration of F350)..lol. All I need is 3100 lbs of payload....3800 would make me quite happy.

4 Dudes about 900lbs
    3 or 4 Machines less than 950lbs
    Fully loaded Trailer with water hitch weight is less than 950lbs
    Additional Cargo of 200lbs
    Total needed payload is 3000lbs (100 lbs extra is always nice)

Scary you still haven't gotten a VIN having ordered in October (what day?). Hope I get my truck by July!
    Last edited by RDoubleFord; 12-30-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RDoubleFord View Post
    Well - the link below leads to the build I ordered - I didn't see the option to add the 12400# GVWR - only the 11,400# GVWR for a 22 SRW F350 Lariat. I'm guessing that package is only available with the 8 foot bed or XLT?....anyway, hoping my payload will be around 3100-3500. I didn't order the moon roof but did include a block heater and cabin heater which might push me down to 3000...
    https://shop.ford.com/build/superdut...3H.96U.PLR.%5D
    I know this isn't apples to apples, but possibly close. I have an 18 F350 SRW 6.7L Lariat, long bed, 4x4, no sun roof with 11,500 GVWR and my payload is 3331. Hope that gives some peace of mind.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RDoubleFord View Post
    Yep - I'm ok with not getting the extra 100lbs...will just leave it alone....I've changed this build so much I think I'm starting to wear on the sales guy We started with a Hybrid, went to the HDPP XLT F150 then landed on the 22 F350 (this is the 3rd iteration of F350)..lol. All I need is 3100 lbs of payload....3800 would make me quite happy.

4 Dudes about 900lbs
    3 or 4 Machines less than 950lbs
    Fully loaded Trailer with water hitch weight is less than 950lbs
    Additional Cargo of 200lbs
    Total needed payload is 3000lbs (100 lbs extra is always nice)

Scary you still haven't gotten a VIN having ordered in October (what day?). Hope I get my truck by July!
    It was late October. I think it was the 29th. So it has only been 2 months. And I loose 3 weeks since Ford shuts down that long over the holidays. I hope to see the truck by the end of February.
    Larry KE4DMG

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was late October. I think it was the 29th. So it has only been 2 months. And I loose 3 weeks since Ford shuts down that long over the holidays. I hope to see the truck by the end of February.
    Phew! I was thinking 3 to 4 months to get a VIN and then 2 to 3 months to get the truck....5 to 7 months with my order just going in, would put me at June or July. While I can live with that, I'd like to see it in April or May if at all possible.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI for anyone ordering a new build, sounds like Ford is running longer.
    If you’re not locked into a specific brand, Chevy quoted me 8-12 weeks just a few days ago.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    FYI for anyone ordering a new build, sounds like Ford is running longer.
    If you’re not locked into a specific brand, Chevy quoted me 8-12 weeks just a few days ago.
    I'm ok with ordering near the end of December and getting the vehicle around April...4 months...that sounds like it is maybe a couple weeks longer than Chevy...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234