Thread: Sailun recall

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Jeff, Ally,
    Maybe wait and see. I had a set of Sailuns before my current set and they went for over 15,000 miles before I wore them out. I even had a flat in one that got patched and ran for another 6,000 miles before I wore it out.

So maybe just hang on, get the free replacements (if that's still and option). Ya want to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water.....

I don't think there is another 16" tire I'd use. I was going to put on some 17.5" Continental HTL2's but am going to go with new Sailuns when they are available.
    Have you heard anything about the Hercules 901's?
    Steve & Ann Ellis
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sellis1053 View Post
    Have you heard anything about the Hercules 901's?
    I hadn't heard of these before. Are you running these? Is anyone?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not, but I've read some good reviews from people who do.
    Steve & Ann Ellis
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whew! I just replaced my Westlakes with Sailuns this past spring and the DOT ends in 0821. Still doesn’t make me feel anymore comfortable….

Thanks for posting this!

Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Copied from SOF

Sailun Tire Americas, Inc. (Sailun) is recalling certain Sailun, RoadX, Blacklion, Blackhawk, and Ironhead brand tires, sizes ST235/80R16 and ST235/85R16 with DOT codes 2020 through 4120. Due to a manufacturing issue, the tires may experience a belt separation. Belt separation could lead to loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash. Sailun will replace the tires, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed in December 2021. Owners may contact Sailun customer service at 1-844-281-9696.
    2020 GMC Denali 3500HD
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310-GK
    TST - TPMS
    B&W Companion 20k hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran a set of Hercules 901 on a 40’ horse trailer for a little over 50,000 miles before I lost one. They still had a good amount of tread on them. I replaced them with another set just like them and had almost 15,000 on them when I sold the trailer. So I would say they are pretty good.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought 5 new Sailun 16” “G” rated back in Jan-2021 to replace Westlakes. Had about 2500-3000 miles on them when thread separated on one (Vietnam made) on way home from our October trip. Four of the Sailun were Vietnam and one China. Contacted Sailun distribution/warranty center. Sent pictures and dot info along with serial numbers. Claim started and to keep it short, Sailun is refunding all of the money I sent on their tires and also paying for damages to our Rv which is in the shop now getting repaired.
    Looking at going to 17.5 and possibly Continental tires. Still researching the possibilities.
    2019 Solitude ST375RES-R
    2019 F350 DRW factory bed hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear that Sailun accepted responsibility and did the right thing. I’m assuming the failed tires were part of the recall? The ones I have now are not within the recall but I’m still nervous as they are only a couple months newer than the tires being recalled (ugh).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeb Ogburn View Post
    We bought 5 new Sailun 16” “G” rated back in Jan-2021 to replace Westlakes. Had about 2500-3000 miles on them when thread separated on one (Vietnam made) on way home from our October trip. Four of the Sailun were Vietnam and one China. Contacted Sailun distribution/warranty center. Sent pictures and dot info along with serial numbers. Claim started and to keep it short, Sailun is refunding all of the money I sent on their tires and also paying for damages to our Rv which is in the shop now getting repaired.
    Looking at going to 17.5 and possibly Continental tires. Still researching the possibilities.
    2020 GMC Denali 3500HD
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310-GK
    TST - TPMS
    B&W Companion 20k hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Copied from SOF

Sailun Tire Americas, Inc. (Sailun) is recalling certain Sailun, RoadX, Blacklion, Blackhawk, and Ironhead brand tires, sizes ST235/80R16 and ST235/85R16 with DOT codes 2020 through 4120. Due to a manufacturing issue, the tires may experience a belt separation. Belt separation could lead to loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash. Sailun will replace the tires, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed in December 2021. Owners may contact Sailun customer service at 1-844-281-9696.
    I looked through the recall notice and pictures. I have Sailuns that I put on to replace the feared Westlake China bombs and those only had about 2k miles on them. Peace of mind and recommendations about Sailuns led me to make the swap. Mine are S637 235/85r16. The only DOT code I find is MW21 1320. These are made in China. I bought them about the same time as the beginning of the defect manufacturing, although I don't have the exact date at hand. My DOT code is different from the format pictured on recall. Maybe DOT codes are done differently depending on where manufactured? Hope mine are OK..
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    I looked through the recall notice and pictures. I have Sailuns that I put on to replace the feared Westlake China bombs and those only had about 2k miles on them. Peace of mind and recommendations about Sailuns led me to make the swap. Mine are S637 235/85r16. The only DOT code I find is MW21 1320. These are made in China. I bought them about the same time as the beginning of the defect manufacturing, although I don't have the exact date at hand. My DOT code is different from the format pictured on recall. Maybe DOT codes are done differently depending on where manufactured? Hope mine are OK..
    One of my DOT date codes was on the other side of the tire; inside not outside on the trailer. I believe, but could be wrong, the recalled tires may have all been made in Vietnam and not China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The failed Sailun tire on our Rv was mfr in Vietnam. When I bought them and returned home, I noticed the manufacturing were from different countries, I contacted Sailun’s contact number and they assured me that the Vietnam made tire were manufactured to the same quality as those made in China and the warranty was the same. Good thing I kept that email thread for I used it to start the tire failure conversations. IMO, it sounds like those failures are from the Vietnam plant, not 100% sure.
    I’m a little gun-shy going back with Sailuns.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast