Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sailun recall

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    I had no luck at all with the retailer , Walmart.com. Ended up with Sailun customer service , which routed me to TBC Tire , the national distributor. Took several months and lots of paperwork and calls , but did finally receive full purchase price refund. And of course I did also have to ship them the pull-offs.
    If you want to give that a try - 866-822-4968, I believe this is Olga , who was my first contact.
    Good luck , Charlie
    Great, I'm full time and I can only stay here for so long, I will probably end up eating this.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I originally purchased the tire from Walmart and they of course were no help and they don't even carry the tire anymore.

Went directly through Sailun and finally got a BigO to do the exchange for me. They have a tiny lot so I removed two tires at a time and took them in. I used the opportunity to install Sumo Springs, anxious to try them out. Financially everything was covered and the tires were manufactured in November '21 so if nothing else, I have 1.5 year newer tires.

Pain in the **********, but at least its done.
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked to them last week and they had no tires at their store or their warehouse, I’m in lake havasu. This sucks

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, called Big O again and they actually have the tires, I have an appointment Monday. How do I go about getting reimbursed?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moterbiker View Post
    OK, called Big O again and they actually have the tires, I have an appointment Monday. How do I go about getting reimbursed?
    OK, this worked out a little better than I thought, they handled this as a warranty claim and it didn't cost me anything out of pocket. Happy this is over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moterbiker View Post
    OK, this worked out a little better than I thought, they handled this as a warranty claim and it didn't cost me anything out of pocket. Happy this is over.
    After waiting 4-5 weeks for my dealer to figure out what was going on, this is essentially what happened with my replacements as well. It did take me talking with Stacy one time. The next thing I heard was from my local tire dealer that my tires had “just been hand delivered”. No charge to me other than the fuel going back and forth to get them all swapped. I prefer not to take my rig to the dealer and can’t park it in our seasonal site alone anyways.
    Steve & Katey
    Full time since 07/01/2022
    2020 Ford F-350 DRW (5361 payload)
    2024 Solitude 390RK (FBP and Morryde IS from factory)
    2018 Reflection 337RLS (Still got it!)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, time for us to start moving, Lake Havasu is getting hot and we're dry camping.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got our Sailun's back in September from Simple Tire. Simple Tire sent us a notice of the recall. After checking with Simple Tire they gave us a number at Sailun to call for the warranty. Wen I called they asked what the code was on the tires. After giving it to them they told us we were good to go our tires weren't under the recall.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567