User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sailun recall

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after striking out finding any dealers within 50 miles that can or will honor the recall, I was pondering whether to just eat the cost of buying new tires. Someone previously posted that Simpletire blew them off when they inquired, so I had not contacted them even though my two recalled tires had been purchased from them in June 2021. As a sort of near last ditch I called them today and the young lady I talked to did indeed try to steer me to Sailun, but I told her I had already attempted that and was getting nowhere. She jumped right on it and recommended one place, but that place was 135 miles from me. She then offered to call and attempt to find me a place to do the work, which she may still be doing. To shorten this a bit I have already received the shipping information from Fed-X and Simpletire and my new tires are supposed to be arriving in a few days. She said that when I find someone to install them (already have, but 40 miles away) and get it done to send her the receipt and they will credit me with the cost. They will also arrange and pay for the recalled tires to be shipped back to them. I was stunned by how quickly she took care of me. She did ask for pictures of the tires and I sent them and within 5-10 minutes she emailed me back. Wow! I will update this thread as this progresses. BTW, her name is Jennifer Lewis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^^^ That sounds more like the Simple Tire I delt with! Glad they are taking care of business!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To follow up on my posts above concerning Simpletire, yesterday I contacted them; I received the two new tires today via Fed-X! One day! Doesn’t get any better than that! Wow! Simpletire really came through and very quickly. I am super impressed. Oh, both new tires are DOT date coded 3621, so very new.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Sailun case is closed. Received refund check today for full purchase price. Fortunately for all involved I caught two failures before they threw the caps , so no damage. Only down side was losing a day of vacation dealing with it , and Goodyears were 2&1/2 the price.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My two replacement tires were mounted, balanced and put back on the trailer this morning. Life is good.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill & Jeri RV Travels View Post
    To follow up on my posts above concerning Simpletire, yesterday I contacted them; I received the two new tires today via Fed-X! One day! Doesn’t get any better than that! Wow! Simpletire really came through and very quickly. I am super impressed. Oh, both new tires are DOT date coded 3621, so very new.

Bill, Jeri,
    I was the one who posted that SimpleTire blew me off. I am glad to hear you had much better luck.

I was able to find a dealer close to me (only a few miles away - TireKingdom) who is ordering replacement tires for me and will take my recalled tires in return. Hopefully we'll complete the exchange next week.

Still, after all this, and you good report on SimpleTire, I will no longer use them nor recommend them (or any other tire mail order company). I think I'll stick to sticks-and-bricks. TireKingdom is affiliated with Big-O (they are mostly in the West) and have lots of stores so maybe I'll have better luck with them.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Bill, Jeri,
    I was the one who posted that SimpleTire blew me off. I am glad to hear you had much better luck.

I was able to find a dealer close to me (only a few miles away - TireKingdom) who is ordering replacement tires for me and will take my recalled tires in return. Hopefully we'll complete the exchange next week.

Still, after all this, and you good report on SimpleTire, I will no longer use them nor recommend them (or any other tire mail order company). I think I'll stick to sticks-and-bricks. TireKingdom is affiliated with Big-O (they are mostly in the West) and have lots of stores so maybe I'll have better luck with them.
    As I said, I called Simpletire as a last resort after striking out everywhere locally. I did not check with my local Tire Kingdom because there is no room around their shop to maneuver our 35’ Montana fiver, but I did talk with another TK that did have maneuvering room about 25 miles away. Really nice guy, said they did not have the equipment to handle G rated tires, but he would see if he could at least get the tires for me. Never heard back from him. So, I called Simpletire. The first thing she told me was what you were told—call Sailun. I told her I had already been that route and she then quickly pivoted to being as helpful as possible, shipping the tires that same day. I received them the next day and had them installed the next day (yesterday). I had to tow the trailer 80 miles round trip to get it done, but then I love towing it. LOL The truck center I went to charged me a total of $31.03 for the whole process, including spin balancing, mounting, etc. (I was so impressed with the two guys doing it I gave them each $10.) Simpletire indicated they will credit me with the cost of the mounting, etc., and arrange to pick up the recalled tires.

On a side note, before I left the truck center I did what I always do, I let the TPMS cycle up and through all four tires and one of the newly mounted tires was at 121 psi and the other at 116 psi. Sure enough when I checked with my digital gauge I got the same readings. One of the guys came over and compared his stick gauge and apologized. I think his stick gauge had outlived its useable life.

But to your last comment, I always prefer shopping locally when I can, too. [emoji106][emoji846]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same boat, called Sailun, they told me to take it anywhere and they will reimburse them for replacement. Went to Discount Tire, guy made a call and told me to call Quality Assurance, message said they were very busy, leave a message and we will get back to you, I left a VM. Hopefully I can get this resolved as I am trying to get out of Lake Havasu 3/9 and would like to go to Yuma before that but I really don't want to drive on these far. I think I have 6k on them so far and they have been perfect though

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill & Jeri RV Travels View Post
    As I said, I called Simpletire as a last resort after striking out everywhere locally. I did not check with my local Tire Kingdom because there is no room around their shop to maneuver our 35’ Montana fiver, but I did talk with another TK that did have maneuvering room about 25 miles away. Really nice guy, said they did not have the equipment to handle G rated tires, but he would see if he could at least get the tires for me. Never heard back from him. So, I called Simpletire. The first thing she told me was what you were told—call Sailun. I told her I had already been that route and she then quickly pivoted to being as helpful as possible, shipping the tires that same day. I received them the next day and had them installed the next day (yesterday). I had to tow the trailer 80 miles round trip to get it done, but then I love towing it. LOL The truck center I went to charged me a total of $31.03 for the whole process, including spin balancing, mounting, etc. (I was so impressed with the two guys doing it I gave them each $10.) Simpletire indicated they will credit me with the cost of the mounting, etc., and arrange to pick up the recalled tires.

On a side note, before I left the truck center I did what I always do, I let the TPMS cycle up and through all four tires and one of the newly mounted tires was at 121 psi and the other at 116 psi. Sure enough when I checked with my digital gauge I got the same readings. One of the guys came over and compared his stick gauge and apologized. I think his stick gauge had outlived its useable life.

But to your last comment, I always prefer shopping locally when I can, too. [emoji106][emoji846]

Just to update on the whole SimpleTire fiasco. I returned the tires on 1/13 and they were received at SimpleTire on 1/18. But I still have not received a reimbursement from them. There have been a lot of emails back and forth and phone calls and they always end with - we'll get the refund processed in the next 24 to 48 hours. They can see the warehouse received them based on the FedEx tracking but now are making the excuse that the warehouse doesn't know how many they received.

VERY frustrated with SimpleTire and not likely to ever shop there again. Argh!!!!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no luck at all with the retailer , Walmart.com. Ended up with Sailun customer service , which routed me to TBC Tire , the national distributor. Took several months and lots of paperwork and calls , but did finally receive full purchase price refund. And of course I did also have to ship them the pull-offs.
    If you want to give that a try - 866-822-4968, I believe this is Olga , who was my first contact.
    Good luck , Charlie
    Last edited by cfowler55; 02-16-2022 at 05:59 PM.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast