User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    My boss just folded one up as well. So far over $20,000 in damage to the truck and trailer. He said that Anderson is paying for everything.......... But who needs that headache. A ruined trip, and all of the hassle to get it all fixed? No thanks.
    My Momentum is HEAVY... I cannot imagine anything made of 35# of aluminum standing up for long. Yes my B&W is heavy. It is made of very thick steel. I like that.
    Why don`t you have your boss email you pictures of this then you can post them here so we can learn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought the B&W ram puck system. Great hitch, but heavy as sin. This summer will be converting the rig king pin to Gen-Y gooseneck. Spoke to DRV as the heaviest 5ers out there. They recommend Gen-Y over Reese Goosebox.
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW Air-ride
    B&W 25k Companion puck system
    2012 Forest River Cardinal 3550RL
    39 months to retirement, WE WILL GET THERE!

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Band1t View Post
    ...Spoke to DRV as the heaviest 5ers out there.
    Are you sure about that? The heaviest DRVs have a GVWR of 24,000 lbs. while the heaviest New Horizons have a GVWR of 29,000 lbs. Both are pretty darn heavy, though - and almost twice the weight of many of our Solitudes!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
    Why don`t you have your boss email you pictures of this then you can post them here so we can learn.
    Because he is my boss, thats why.
    There are plenty of pics on the net.... Pick some of those to learn from.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen a couple pictures of Andersen Ultimate failures, but in truth, those were a couple years ago. I haven't seen any since they did the re design, but I'm a B&W fanboy. My concern with a 5th wheel hitch is that it be strong enough to do its job, weight is pretty much a side note. Being light and easy to remove shouldn't be a criteria for a 5th wheel hitch, IMO of course.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,
    24k would be the heaviest area we would be at in the future. Point I was making was that the rep at DRV I spoke with recommended Gen-Y over Goosebox.
    Good to hear from you though.
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW Air-ride
    B&W 25k Companion puck system
    2012 Forest River Cardinal 3550RL
    39 months to retirement, WE WILL GET THERE!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My boss just folded one up as well. So far over $20,000 in damage to the truck and trailer. He said that Anderson is paying for everything.......... But who needs that headache. A ruined trip, and all of the hassle to get it all fixed? No thanks.
    My Momentum is HEAVY... I cannot imagine anything made of 35# of aluminum standing up for long. Yes my B&W is heavy. It is made of very thick steel. I like that.
    I suppose I could play that game too. I can show you photos of my bent bed, and warranty claim from my b&w slider. It came unlocked. It bent my 5th wheel base, the base of my bed, and got stuck in the gooseneck hole.
    B&w warrantied and sent me everything completely new, but an insurance claim had to be filed to ensure I had no frame damage, and bed replacement.

I dicked around with that b&w for 4 years until I recently got the Anderson for my dually. I won’t go back. That b&w slider is heavy as all get up, sloppy on the pin, and noisy. I’ll agree whole heartedly it’s a brick shithouse. But it gets stuck in the goose hole, it gave my lady insane anxiety when towing with the slop it had.

She sleeps now with the andersen goose, instead of white knuckling while the b&w bucks around, and she’s afraid it’s going to slam her on the gas again if it fails like it did. I’ll show you the busted ac vent from her hands.

I see no reason to go back. Andersen stamped and engineered it for 24k lb. 4600 pin weight. I’m within that spec. They are far more intelligent than I.
    I agree I don’t understand the engineering, but that’s why I am not an engineer by trade. I don’t have to understand it, their engineers do.

Someone will always tell you about a buddy they know who had a failure. I’ll show you my b&w failure first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
    Well since this would have been a catastrophic event with significant damage I`m sure you would have taken pictures, why don`t you post them here so we can see the "folded" hitch to back up your statement.
    Because its Corporate Safety's call what they release. Contact BakerHughes Corporate safety and tell them it was unit R136 and TC-01 in Wyoming on/about June 2013.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a B&W Companion also. Yes it’s heavy, but so is our M350. It’s confidence inspiring. We travel 55-60ish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra&Ta350 View Post
    I have a B&W Companion also. Yes it’s heavy, but so is our M350. It’s confidence inspiring. We travel 55-60ish.
    I was going to get the slider (short bed Mega Cab). Our hitch dealer called B&M. The rep said the slider would ruin the tailgate. She suggested the plain companion hitch. It has 7 inches of adjustment rearward. I get at least 88 den of turn. Haven’t tried a full 90 yet. Since the hitch fits in the goose ball hole no worries. It also pulls apart for easier (not easy) removal.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast