User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adjust your slideout!

After reading on another thread about using self stick furniture movers as slide seal fiippers, I decided to give that a shot. This Momentum is my first RV with misbehaving slide seals. The kitchen slide worked pretty good with them installed... Not perfect, but much better. The large couch slide was a different story. Despite installing 10 of the flippers, it still wasn't working very well on the forward side. I stared looking for the reason. It turned out that the factory did not center the slide in the hole front to back. After reading the Lippert manual I tackled this project. It is actually not bad. The hardest part was figuring out how to move the heavy slideout, A 5' crowbar did the trick. That slide now works perfectly without any of the flippers installed. I then looked at the kitchen slide to see if I could improve on it. It too was not centered. It was much better than the couch slide as the flipper imprivement attested to. This slide is much heavier to move though. I only got about half the adjustment needed on the first attempt....There will be another. I bet I can get it to work correctly without adding the flippers as well.
    One downside to this is that my FBP doesn't line up anymore, as GD painted it with the slides not adjusted correctly.... A minor gripe, but that paint was not cheap[/I]
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked at this video?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X1A2q5...=emb_rel_pause

You might also check that your slides are going in and out straight and your seal compressions are correct. My kitchen slide was over an inch off from end to end. I got that corrected but have not attempted to center the slide in the hole because the slide is so heavy. I need three or four big guys to body slam it. Not sure I want to use a pry bar for fear of damaging it.
    Last edited by Always Learning; 12-11-2021 at 04:10 PM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I adjusted (centered) both my hydraulic slides this last spring. After researching on Lippert, this & other sites, decided to tackle this myself. I moved the slide about 1/2 way out. The slide is attached with two brackets at the bottom. I loosened the bolts on the front bracket of the slide & with a mallet, smacked the bracket in the opposite direction that I wanted the slide to move. Tightened those bolts, loosened the rear & repeated. You don't want to move the bracket much, 1/4 inch or less at a time. Repeated as necessary to center the slide. Took about a half hour for both.
    This method was recommended by a former member of this forum
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pry bar is safe. I did not pry on the box. I used the bar on the head adjusters lifting the box and moving it over litle by little.

Yes I watched that video. The lippert manual differs from the video as far as the height adjustment goes. That was good as I did not have enough adjustment available to do it as the video showed.
    I went thru the entire adjustment process, and am happy with it now....(Still need to finish the other one though.)
    Last edited by huntindog; 12-12-2021 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    I adjusted (centered) both my hydraulic slides this last spring. After researching on Lippert, this & other sites, decided to tackle this myself. I moved the slide about 1/2 way out. The slide is attached with two brackets at the bottom. I loosened the bolts on the front bracket of the slide & with a mallet, smacked the bracket in the opposite direction that I wanted the slide to move. Tightened those bolts, loosened the rear & repeated. You don't want to move the bracket much, 1/4 inch or less at a time. Repeated as necessary to center the slide. Took about a half hour for both.
    This method was recommended by a former member of this forum
    I tried a dead blow mallet without sucess. The crowbar did the trick.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    The pry bar is safe. I did not pry on the box. I used the bar on the head adjusters lifting the bod and moving it over litle by little.

Yes I watched that video. The lippert manualdiffers from the video as far as the height adjustment goes. That was good as I did not have enough adjust available to do it as the video showed.
    I went thru the entire adjustment process, and am happy with it now....(Still need to finish the other one though.
    Thanks for the info.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually