User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, everything I read and the weight numbers I calculate are leading me to a dually��

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, a dually is the only way to go. 350 or 3500 is a minimum. I go for the larger brakes, stability and view. (4X4 sets higher). We have pulled 5er's for 25 years.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we have finally decided: 2022 Solitude 380FL with a 2022 Ram 3500 dually (6.7 L HO Cummins with 4:10 axle ratio with the Limited package) for our tow vehicle! By the time we sale our house and get everything put together, we should be on the road by mid May to start our full time RVing adventure���� thanks for all the advice & your personal prospective of the tow vehicle that is need to travel with safety & comfort!! Will keep y’all informed on our adventure!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well just to let everybody know that we bought our 2022 Solitude 380FL today from Lazydays RV in Nashville, TN!! BUT we don’t have our truck yet!! Been ordered but won’t be in till April (we hope)👍👍 Now we have everything, we need now to get to work on repairs to our Home to put on the market March 1st!! We will stay in touch with our progress😎

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfre View Post
    Well just to let everybody know that we bought our 2022 Solitude 380FL today from Lazydays RV in Nashville, TN!! BUT we don’t have our truck yet!! Been ordered but won’t be in till April (we hope)���� Now we have everything, we need now to get to work on repairs to our Home to put on the market March 1st!! We will stay in touch with our progress��
    Congrats on the purchase of your rig, you wont be sorry.
    Now the really stressful time begins getting the house ready for sale, ours sold in one day then we had 30 days to be out! Getting rid of your stuff or moving it to storage.
    Then you have to get ready for full time, examples; financials moved to total online banking, every business that sends you US Mail - get moved to E-mail, what's left in US Mail where will it go, what's your new permanent address, getting your health care coverage ready for full time. These are all the things we went though almost two years ago now. Back then it was stressful for us, but now, it was well worth it!

Go for it, have great adventures!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you ����

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfre View Post
    My wife & I have been retired for 7 yrs. We have previously owned a 42’ Class A motor home and traveled for about 10 hrs. We sold our MH 2 years ago after both of us had Knee replacements (me 2 her 1). So know we are wanting to get back into RVing. In fact we are considering selling our home and traveling for a year or so before we settle back down “somewhere”!! So where we are right now is looking at a 5th wheel camper. Our sights are on a 41’ Solitude or Reflection 5th wheel. We would appreciate any advice on our decision to RV again, size & type of unit & what tow vehicle to use, OR YOU CAN SAY WE ARE CRAZY��
    So we are open to any comments!!
    Thank you & have a great day!!!
    Karfre
    Welcome to the forum, my wife is just recovering from her second knee replacement. We can't wait to get out in our Reflection 150 Series 260RD. That is a smaller 5er than the ones you're looking at, but suits the two of us just fine (three with our cat).
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12