User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entertainment seats electrical system not functioning correctly

Two Entertainment seats, both both recline ok, heating elements ok, both vibrating ok, but one seat lights do not work. Plugged in OK at receptacle. Any ideas?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbieb1 View Post
    Two Entertainment seats, both both recline ok, heating elements ok, both vibrating ok, but one seat lights do not work. Plugged in OK at receptacle. Any ideas?
    Lights burnt out, I’ve had to change mine as well as the heating pad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you explain how to do the bulb replacement on these seats? New to this tech.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you explain how to do the bulb replacement on these seats? New to this tech.
    It's an LED strip, I got mine from Lippert.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    It's an LED strip, I got mine from Lippert.
    What Bungy said. They have double stick tape to hold them in place. Probably take longer to pull the old ones off.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before you order a new strip light check the wiring from the strip light all the way to where it's plugged into the wiring harness. It's possible it has gotten pinched and cut or that it's come unplugged from the recliners wiring harness itself. Do you have cupholder lights as well, and do they work?
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cupholder on the same seat does not work as well. So, I need to figure out how to unfasten the entire seat(s) from the floor to get to the wiring underneath? That's not going to be easy.....

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cupholder on the same seat does not work as well. So, I need to figure out how to unfasten the entire seat(s) from the floor to get to the wiring underneath? That's not going to be easy.....

Since the cupholder is also not working it's probably not the LED lights that are bad. It could be the touch switch or the wiring harness itself. My recliners were never screwed down from the factory but it looks like the bar that runs across the front would be the only way to attach them to the floor. The recliners also lock together with two metal clips between each section, the recliner closest to the dining room table needs to be unscrewed and lifted up about 2" to unhook it from the center console. Next the center console can be lifted off (it's a separate pieces) to remove the second recliner if needed. When I had one recliner that wouldn't work I found it was the wiring components underneath had pulled apart from getting caught up in the folding mechanism.... it's all 12volt wiring after the power cord and everything plugged together with miniature banana jacks. If possible when you remove the screws could you post a picture of what they used and what length screws they are? I would like to screw mine down but don't want to get something that would penetrate the floor itself.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 12-14-2021 at 05:47 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They’re screwed to the floor with ~1 inch Robertson (square drive) wood screws, one in each front corner. You have to partially open them and lay on your belly to access them.