User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wheel Bearings and Brakes on GD 2600rb

Hello to all, we just bought a used 2016 Imagine 2600rb and I want to replace the wheel bearings and grease seals before using the camper. Can anyone tell me what size bearings i need to get for these axles? Also this might sound really stupid but does the 2016 model have brakes on both axles or only one of them?

Thanks so much for any and all help.

Tom and Kathy
    North Ga
    North Ga Couple
    Dodge Ram 1500
    GD 2600 rb
    one dog, Sadie

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you see wires going into both axles they both have brakes. For bearing and seal size you need to know what size axle you have and then you can usually filter it through etrailer or similar store to find the correct parts. Another option would be to look at the axle serial number tag and call the axle manufacturer, they can give you the correct size of the parts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have 5-lug wheels they're 3500# axles. Lippert and Dexter both use the same seal, generic number 10-19 available anywhere. If you're replacing the bearings you need to replace the races as well. Both axles have brakes. Yes, eTrailer is a good source of info and parts along with the manufacturers websites.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by North Ga Couple View Post
    Hello to all, we just bought a used 2016 Imagine 2600rb and I want to replace the wheel bearings and grease seals before using the camper. Can anyone tell me what size bearings i need to get for these axles? Also this might sound really stupid but does the 2016 model have brakes on both axles or only one of them?

Thanks so much for any and all help.

Tom and Kathy
    North Ga
    If you change bearings, you should change the races as well. Very unlikely the bearings need replaced. A careful inspection after cleaning will tell you if they do.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent a picture of the Dexter sticker on my axle to etrailer.com. They responded with all the correct part numbers for bearings, races, and seals. Great service.