User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arches N. P.

Quote Originally Posted by hartcentr View Post
    Arches and Canyonlands are great, but as far as Arches goes, think CROWDED. Same with Zions.

FWIW, having been to all of the Utah National Parks multiple times (we live here), if I was from out of state and could visit only one, it would be Bryce Canyon.
    We stayed at Moab Valley RV Park in early August 2006 and I believe we were the second vehicle of the day to Arches. There is a self-admittance booth at the entrance. We got there before sunrise. It was awesome to see the sun rise thru some of the arches. Definitely a re-do in the plans. We did miss Bryce and Four Corners on that trip. We will be going back. Zion was busier but we were able to secure the last power hookup available for the night with-out notice...lucky? The Zion-Mt. Carmel tunnel was incredible looking up at after you went thru it. The only way to go further inside the park is by bus and you cannot bring pets on the busses that take you into the park. The "Narrows" is an incredible hike. Beautiful country.
    2007 Ram 5.9 CTD 4x4 LB
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a great trip. We live in Billings, and travel to the Black Hills a couple times each summer. I might make 2 RV park suggestions. First, In place of Hermosa, I would look into Elk Ridge RV park 3 miles east of Spearfish. This is a new 6 year old park right on I90. The turn off the interstate is the road to Deadwood. Don't pass up Deadwood. When leaving Devils Tower, I would make my next overnight in KOA #1 in Billings. The KOA headquarters is in Billings, and the Billings KOA is by far the best KOA we have stayed in. Feel free to contact us with any questions about this area.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For clarity for posterity;

Devils Tower KOA is right at the entry. A mile or so up the road is the park campground. No boondocking, no hookups. That is also where trailers and big RVs must stop. The main visitors center is several miles further at parking for the loop trail. My 20' long pickup fit, but don't take anything much bigger!!

There is a trail from the campground and picnic area up to the loop trailhead, over a mile. Beware of summer heat! The loop trail is great!
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Najataagihe View Post
    Be aware that you will have to drop your trailer in a parking lot near the entrance to Devil's Tower.

No trailers allowed at the Visitor's Center and there are no campgrounds nearby.

I don't know if they will allow you to boondock for a night.

You might want to check before you get in there.

I'm afraid I need to disagree with Najataagihe. We stayed at the Devils Tower KOA and it was just minutes from the monument. The RV park was nice as well - I recall they also showed the movie Close Encounters, which we did not partake due to Covid concerns, but thought that was a nice touch! Our site also had a great view of the tower - yes, it's that close!

In 2020, we traveled from WA state to FL. and took three months - what a great trip - saw a few of the sites you mentioned!!

Good luck on your trip!!
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a great trip.
    As full timers now, we are headed to MI for July with my wife's family with a detour to MorRyde for the IS system with disc brakes too. We will be headed from Oregon to WA and then east.

See ya down the road, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123