User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

water port question

My Reflection has an auxiliary water port on the rear as many Grand Design trailers do. It's just like the one on the Nautilus panel, a quick disconnect that is used with the coiled hose.

It has been very difficult to insert the male fitting on the coiled hose into the quick disconnect fitting because the small valve will not move inward. In the past I could apply a little lubricant to the valve and use a small wooded dowel to push in the valve and free it. In winterizing today it was a no go. I don't want to put too much pressure on it as I'm sure it's going to break and mess up the entire fitting.

Any solutions I'm missing?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    My Reflection has an auxiliary water port on the rear as many Grand Design trailers do. It's just like the one on the Nautilus panel, a quick disconnect that is used with the coiled hose.

It has been very difficult to insert the male fitting on the coiled hose into the quick disconnect fitting because the small valve will not move inward. In the past I could apply a little lubricant to the valve and use a small wooded dowel to push in the valve and free it. In winterizing today it was a no go. I don't want to put too much pressure on it as I'm sure it's going to break and mess up the entire fitting.

On our 297RSTS the very same fitting can be really hard to use when the system is pressurized. If I turn off the water, at faucet or pump, and depressurize the system by opening another faucet, inserting the male quick connect end is much easier.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't offer anything more than shear determination. I got tired of fighting the one on the panel so I got one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36180-F...0042666&sr=8-4
    I found a shortened water hose to be more usable anyway.
    I also got a hose cap so I don't inadvertently squirt myself in the face: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-3-...7902/100659301
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lovells View Post
    On our 297RSTS the very same fitting can be really hard to use when the system is pressurized. If I turn off the water, at faucet or pump, and depressurize the system by opening another faucet, inserting the male quick connect end is much easier.
    This is what I need to do on my 297RSTS as well.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking about getting rid of the rear spray port and replacing with THIS. Its a faucet and a quick look indicates there is plenty of room behind it to even run a hot line to it.
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I can't offer anything more than shear determination. I got tired of fighting the one on the panel so I got one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36180-F...0042666&sr=8-4
    I found a shortened water hose to be more usable anyway.
    I also got a hose cap so I don't inadvertently squirt myself in the face: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-3-...7902/100659301
    That would work for a location that has on/off valves, like usually in the wet bay (Nautilus, etc.), but for many of us the rear port is just a single fitting with no valve. So the adaptor would still have to be taken on and off.
    I've never actually used the rear one for anything, but I do hook the sprayer up to it for winterizing/dewinterizing. So maybe only using it twice a year is part of the problem....
    No pressure in the lines, plenty of spray lube, something to free up the pin inside, and heavy use of profanity seems to be the only solution for the existing.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @sande005

Maybe this would work instead.... And it even comes with a female to female threaded adapter for using your air hose fitting to blow out the lines.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZV2SMSK...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 01-07-2022 at 05:03 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    @sande005

Maybe this would work instead.... And it even comes with a female to female threaded adapter for using your air hose fitting to blow out the lines.

Good thought, but that seems to be an air line fitting. I haven't looked close or tried one (I have several for my compressor), but am pretty sure the ones used on the trailer are a different design, so that male won't plug in to the existing female. Best would be an "upgrade" fitting set for water lines that could replace the problematic ones that seem to come on most trailers. I speculate that it is the internal check valve on the female side causing most of the issue - scale build up gluing it all together or reducing the tolerances.....maybe this spring I'll try some vinegar or CLR (a scale remover) to see if it makes any difference.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    @sande005

I never even thought how much the RV quick connects water fittings looked like pneumatic hose fittings. I'm going to say they are two different animals....however, they may be close enough to work. I'd have to test that theory first. I'd go to the store and find both and see if they will couple before I tried shoving something into your RV port as a test. You may damage the port. $.02
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One question. In the use of profanity, which I haven't tried yet, is it necessary to articulate it verbally, or is mentally just as effective?
    Well, don't type any profanity here, you'll get your little hands slapped for typing it...ask me how I know....and I just caught a 3 day ban on facespace less than 5 minutes ago for typing "Tranny Zone" on a post and that's all I typed.

This entire country should be wrapped in bubble wrap so no one's fellers get hurt.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast