Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mounting fishing rod tube xls 23bhe

Looking for ideas to mount an easily accessible tube for my fishing rods. It’s 4” OD and 90”. The front of the camper above the battery rack would be ideal if I can find the studs/ribs to use for fastening the clamps to. Anyone have drawings that might show the construction? Anyone already solved this problem?
    Thanks - Mike

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about on top of the rear bumper and behind the spare?
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed this underneath camper using self tapping screws and attached to frame. Works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Adju...s%2C195&sr=8-2

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mounting fishing rod tube

Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    How about on top of the rear bumper and behind the spare?
    I like that idea but my sewer hose is stored inside the bumper and it fits so tightly I can't use screws that penetrate the bumper or the hose won't fit. The bumper metal is really too thin (3/32") to tap out. I don't trust zip ties but a couple of clamping U-bolts or muffler clamps might work or get the torch out and make my own.
    thanks - Mike

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    I installed this underneath camper using self tapping screws and attached to frame. Works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Adju...s%2C195&sr=8-2
    That's perfect! Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyCAVU View Post
    Looking for ideas to mount an easily accessible tube for my fishing rods. It’s 4” OD and 90”. The front of the camper above the battery rack would be ideal if I can find the studs/ribs to use for fastening the clamps to. Anyone have drawings that might show the construction? Anyone already solved this problem?
    Thanks - Mike
    I store my three fishing rods (7 ft) in the pass-through. I installed rod holders on the aluminum ribs of the ceiling. The spinning reel gets in the way of unloading taller items but it's manageable,. The baitcasting reels don't hang as low.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    I store my three fishing rods (7 ft) in the pass-through. I installed rod holders on the aluminum ribs of the ceiling. The spinning reel gets in the way of unloading taller items but it's manageable,. The baitcasting reels don't hang as low.
    I just bought a 2400BH back in the fall and am starting to figure out where to store all my rods. I had the same exact thought as you to mount some type of rod holders to the aluminum ribs of the ceiling in the pass through. What rod holders did you use? Did you just use self tapping metal screws to secure them?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REM1212 View Post
    I just bought a 2400BH back in the fall and am starting to figure out where to store all my rods. I had the same exact thought as you to mount some type of rod holders to the aluminum ribs of the ceiling in the pass through. What rod holders did you use? Did you just use self tapping metal screws to secure them?
    I got the idea after searching the internet. Drew my own pattern on 1/2 oak and cut them out on a scroll saw. Predrilled holes in the oak and used self tapping screws to secure them.
    2020 Grand Design 2670MK
    2020 Ford f250 6.2, 4x4.
    ProPride hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a 10' section of 4" drain pipe (https://www.homedepot.com/p/JM-eagle...1610/202280933), cut it to 90" and put a cap at one end and a 3.5" ID Otey gripper plug (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-Gr...3402/100168770). Using 4" pipe hangars I mounted it to the frame rails between the battery boxes and the front of the camper.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5831.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	40249 Attached photo was taken before I trimmed the hangers back and fit the plugs. I can easily fit 5 rods without reels.