User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goosebox for a F350 Shortbed???

We've been using an Anderson Ultimate Hitch pulling a 2020 Reflection 337 with our 2020 F350 shortbed SRW. Overall I like the AUH so I don't want to bash them. However, I'm looking to retire within the next year & plan on doing a lot more traveling. I would really like to switch to the Reese Goosebox hitch. I have the factory puck system so I can't use the B&W offset ball. I've seen some pics of folks hooked to 5ers that say they have plenty of clearance & can do 75-80 degree turns. I'm looking for more testimony & first hand experience from this group. Is anyone using the Goosebox pulling a Grand Design 5er, and NOT using the B&W offset ball? Would appreciate any & all feedback....pics would be extra nice if you can. TYIA!
    Stephen & Kerri
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 4X4 Lariat
    Reese Goosebox

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen/Kerri View Post
    We've been using an Anderson Ultimate Hitch pulling a 2020 Reflection 337 with our 2020 F350 shortbed SRW. Overall I like the AUH so I don't want to bash them. However, I'm looking to retire within the next year & plan on doing a lot more traveling. I would really like to switch to the Reese Goosebox hitch. I have the factory puck system so I can't use the B&W offset ball. I've seen some pics of folks hooked to 5ers that say they have plenty of clearance & can do 75-80 degree turns. I'm looking for more testimony & first hand experience from this group. Is anyone using the Goosebox pulling a Grand Design 5er, and NOT using the B&W offset ball? Would appreciate any & all feedback....pics would be extra nice if you can. TYIA!
    Hey Stephen,
    I'm using AUH as well and we have about 12k miles on it over last 12 months. We're full-timers, why switch?
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Primarily looking for a smoother ride. The AUH can get pretty harsh on a rough road. The air bag & shocks in the Goosebox are very attractive to me. Getting my bed back would be an additional bonus.
    Stephen & Kerri
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 4X4 Lariat
    Reese Goosebox

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the same place except 2019 vs 2020. 2019 337, 2019 f350 lariat short bed, factory puck system, AUH. Wanting to go to 20k Reese Goosebox. With the AUH I have plenty of bed clearance and can get to 75-80° turning. With the Goosebox, concerned about rail clearance and safe turning angle.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not change the pin box to a Morryde to smooth out the rough roads and still use the AUH. The Morryde has the suspension built into the pin box and I have heard that they work very well but no first hand experience though.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stephen,
    Like you I am about to switch to a Reese Goosebox or a Gen-Y. So I'm hoping we get some feedback on those specifically from actual users.

In addition to your question cab clearance about who is running a Reese on a short bed I'm hoping they give some feed back on clearance between the sides of the bed and the Goosebox.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard46 View Post
    I'm in the same place except 2019 vs 2020. 2019 337, 2019 f350 lariat short bed, factory puck system, AUH. Wanting to go to 20k Reese Goosebox. With the AUH I have plenty of bed clearance and can get to 75-80° turning. With the Goosebox, concerned about rail clearance and safe turning angle.
    I’m have the GooseBox on our 337 and tow with a 2019 Ram 3500 sb, cc, srw. I estimate that I can turn about 75-80°. I have 6” of clearance between the rail and the trailer.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F981D010-E4C9-409A-89DF-035178FB1CD9.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	938.4 KB 
ID:	38735
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Why not change the pin box to a Morryde to smooth out the rough roads and still use the AUH. The Morryde has the suspension built into the pin box and I have heard that they work very well but no first hand experience though.

Rob
    I already have the Andersen hitch and been thinking about adding the Morryde. For anyone considering this combination, keep in mind that Morryde states you need to purchase a heavy duty skid plate for their pin-box when used with the Andersen hitch (and any other Gooseneck solution).

While I like the Morryde / Andersen solution, by the time I add it all up, I could have bought a Reese GooseBox. That said, I was glancing through the FaceBook Grand Design 2930RL Group this am and came accross this photo (below) from a member using the GooseBox with their 2930RL / RAM 3500 short box. Not a pretty sight. For me, it all adds up to the fact that anything other than a sliding hitch can damage your shortbox cab if you are not careful. My Andersen pushes the pin rearwards away from the cab which provides some extra cab clearance.

To the OP....the damaged cab below was from an Solitude thats slightly wider than the Reflection line. You may not be as susceptible.

https://www.morryde.com/products/rubber-pin-box/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62339466_10215490548717110_103147934580736000_n.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	38741
    Last edited by roegs01; 01-28-2022 at 02:12 PM.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed a Goosebox on my 310GK. My TV is a GMC 3500 SB and I have 7" of clearance from the rails to the Solitude. Max turns appear to be about 70 degrees and I don't see any sense needing to turn sharper and put more stress on the suspension. I camp at many State and National parks and have never had an issue getting in or out of any campsite....yet.
    Went from a B&W Companion with turnover ball and there is a huge difference in the ride.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info. Sorry I'm so late getting back to you. I'm on a Facebook Goosebox group & there are a lot of folks in the same boat. I've decided to go ahead & take the plunge. I'll have an Anderson for sale soon
    Stephen & Kerri
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 4X4 Lariat
    Reese Goosebox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast